Lemon (Citrus limonum), Lavender (Lavendula angustifolia), Eucalyptus Radiata (Eucalyptus radiata) and Roman Chamomile (Chamaemelum nobile)
This blend of essential oils has been effective for relieving hay fever and other airborne, allergy-type symptoms that result in sneezing, runny nose, watery eyes and so on. Lavender is considered a natural antihistamine.
Application Suggestion (see Essential Oil Usage for more information and a dilution chart)
Topical: Dilute with a carrier oil and apply as desired topically.
Tisserand writes: "Essential oils high in 1,8-cineole (Eucalyptus) can cause central nervous system (CNS) and breathing problems in young children. Do not apply on or near the face of infants or children under ten years of age."
Inhalation: Use with an inhaler or diffuse. Some apply a few drops to a cotton handkerchief and inhale as needed.
Internal: The quality of the oils used in Allergy Relief are suitable for internal use within safe parameters, if such use is deemed appropriate. We feel that internal use is rarely *needed* and should only be used with respect for how concentrated the oils are. HEO does not advocate internal use of essential oils without appropriate knowledge and understanding of how to administer, for what purpose, how much, which essential oils, safety concerns and so on. In our experience, essential oils are generally more effective used topically with proper dilution or inhaled. Kurt Schnaubelt Ph.D. notes that "French aromatherapy literature contains many references to using oils orally." He goes on to note that "generally 1 drop is always enough when ingesting essential oils." A potential toxicity hazard could occur when untrained people use essential oils orally and ingest too much. Keep in mind that while French doctors may prescribe essential oils for internal use, they are trained and experienced in the safe application of essential oils. It is not a matter using "French aromatherapy" or "British" methods, it's a matter of experience and appropriate application.
Click here for information about internal usage.
1. As a chronic air-borne allergy sufferer, my first defense is to avoid the allergen if possible, especially if I am immune challenged at the time. Stress and loss of adequate sleep are the main culprits in my life for robbing me of my immune defenses. Allergy Relief works very well to reduce my allergy symptoms and it has really helped to drink plenty of good, pure water (1/2 my body weight in ounces of water daily + Heritage's LYMPHATIC CLEANSE blend). C.T.
2. I find that this blend diffused nightly helps me a lot with my allergies. I also like to apply it to my neck and put a little on my face at the jawline. I like to drop a few drops on my handkerchief and especially like to mix a few drops into some Epsom Salts for a steamy hot bath. L.S.
3. I'm new to EOs, but am seeing great results. I'm so glad I found you! I've been taking Allergy Relief for about 3 months now and haven't had any allergy issues this spring. Everyone around me says that allergies are horrible this year, and I just reply, "Not mine! I started taking Allergy Relief from Heritage Essential Oils." Hopefully, I can convince some others to try your products! Blessings to you all! I put a drop on my tongue every morning as part of my daily routine. I do it several minutes before brushing my teeth so it has time to absorb (doing it after makes it taste really bad). At first, I didn't like the taste, but I kept telling myself that my friend said that it really helped her allergies so I pushed through. I can't tell you exactly when I stopped thinking it was a bad flavor or when it started to work, I just noticed one day that for the first time in years, I wasn't sniffling, sneezing, rubbing my tired, itchy eyes, or dealing with sinus pressure and headaches. Even better, I wasn't feeling tired all of the time! Unfortunately, I did wait too long to reorder, and as a result, have spent the past few days in a tired fog. But, hey, it's still way better than loading my system with Claritin, Zyrtec, eye drops, nasal steroids, inhalers and the myriad of other things I was taking. - Joclyn D.
4. Prior to using Allergy Relief, I suffered with my allergies to the extent that Drs put me on medications and talked about a surgery. I've been taking it a drop on the back of my tongue daily, and I’ve had no sign of allergies until I ran out for 2 weeks. My nose started to get congested, and I purchased some more, and now it is fading away. I increased it to a drop on my tongue twice a day while I'm congested, and it works so good. I've told everyone I know who has allergy troubles. Thank you - Alicia
5. Allergy Relief has blessed our family, my husband noticed after diffusing for a couple of weeks how much his allergies had improved. I have put in an order for your largest quantity bottle as it has a nice price break. Thank you Heritage Essential oils. - Lisa
6. I use Allergy Relief. I put a drop on my tongue, but it didn't relieve the allergies very long. I tried putting it on my chest and wrists diluted, and it is almost instant relief! It lasts a good 6 hrs too. - Lana
7. I like to put a drop of Allergy Relief under my tongue every morning for my seasonal allergies - works very well! - Dawn
8. I put Allergy Relief on my chest, neck and back of neck, and it works great for me. - Lana
9. I have been using Allergy Relief now since Monday. I have taken in a veggie cap, put on bottoms of feet and rubbed on my chest. I'm just trying to figure out the way it works best for me, ya know? Well, today, I felt sinus pressure/pain building up in my sinus cavities on my cheeks/nose area and a sinus headache. Usually that pressure gets so bad there is not an NSAID on earth that can touch it, and I eventually end up at the doctor asking for my bi-yearly antibiotic. I decided to rub the Allergy Relief on my cheekbones and nose, and LITERALLY within 10 minutes the pain was gone!! And it hasn't returned. AWESOME!!!!! (Said in my best high-pitch, sing-song-y voice!!!!) - Kim
10. My niece has been suffering with allergies, and no Rx or OTC meds were helping. She has hives on her feet and hands especially, which itch like crazy. Today we mixed Allergy Relief with Evening Primrose oil. She rubbed it on her hands and feet, and literally within 3 minutes, the hives went TOTALLY AWAY!!!!! She feels 100% better now, 10 minutes later. Oils are so amazing. - Ami
11. I get fluid in my ears very frequently and had 4 different sets of tubes in my ears as a child. Sinus issues are a chronic condition for me. I have found great relief placing a few drops of the Allergy Relief blend diluted on a cotton ball in both ears for about 15 minutes. I can hear/feel the ear popping and draining. By the next day, the general feeling of ear stuffiness and the scratchy throat I had as a result of the poor drainage is GONE. During allergy season, I fnd my ears are pretty aggressive in their intent to fill back up, so I usually have to do this about twice a week. I also rub it behind my ears and down the lymph node path on the neck that sinuses follow (hope that makes sense) daily as needed. - Kim
12. I was using the Allergy Relief oil on my son, and he seems so much better. Even my skeptical husband started to use it and agrees it makes a big difference! - Jennifer
13. I have had very severe allergies that were not responding to any medication. Benadryl in very large doses was the only minimal relief I could get, but I could not use it because it would put me to sleep. Can't do that and work. Since using a drop of Allergy Relief under my tongue in morning and evening, the symptoms have dramatically reduced, including during a fight from a really bad cold, which would have put me down for a week. I'm 2 days fighting my cold on top of my worst allergy season, and I'm feeling great. My symptoms are minimal and tolerable without any other medication. I am so excited to learn what God has made naturally can help us. - G.C.
14. I found a winning combination for my allergies! I made an allergy nose spray with Lavender and aloe vera that I use every morning (and again if needed during the day). I apply diluted Allergy Relief topically. One really bad day I put a drop of Allergy Relief on my tongue (diluted), and even though the pollen is way up, I felt much better. I'd been struggling all winter, and now I'm almost symptom free. Thank you so much for thoughtful, quality products! - Margie
Tisserand writes: Essential oils high in 1,8-cineole (Eucalyptus) can cause central nervous system (CNS) and breathing problems in young children. Do not apply on or near the face of infants or children under ten years of age.
Avoid contact with the eyes and other sensitive areas. Essential oils are both lipophilic and hydrophobic. Lipophilic means they are attracted to fat—like the membranes of your eyes and skin. They are also hydrophobic, meaning they do not like water. Flushing with water will only send the essential oil back to the eye's membranes. Applying a carrier oil will create another fat for the essential oil to be attracted to other than the membranes of the eyes or skin. We’ve not known this to cause permanent injury or long-term discomfort, but if you feel concerned, please call your health care provider.
Tisserand, Robert; Young, Rodney, Essential Oil Safety: A Guide for Health Care Professionals, Elsevier Health Sciences UK 2nd Edition 2014, page 273.