Autism is a neurologically based developmental disorder that is four times more common in boys than girls. Characteristics of autism are:
- Nonverbal and/or verbal communication difficulties
- Social issues
- Repetitive behavior (rocking, hair twirling)
- Limited and/or peculiar interests
- Reduced or abnormal responses to pain, noises and so on
- Self-injurious behavior (head banging)
Diet may be a key to ameliorating cases of autism. Replacing high glycemic sweeteners like sugar with low-glycemic sweeteners like stevia, has produced outstanding results in numerous cases of autism.
Autism has been linked to certain vaccinations, the MMR being most often cited by researchers. Until very recently, children were receiving large doses of mercury (from thimerosal, a vaccine preservative that contains 49.6% mercury) that were well above the limit recommended by the EPA, through vaccination. Some have experienced success in reversing autism through mercury detoxification along with nutritional supplementation.
Deadly Immunity, a sobering article by Robert F. Kennedy Jr.
Some researchers believe that gastrointestinal disorders may be linked to the brain dysfunctions that cause autism in children (Horvath et al., 1998). In fact, there have been several cases of successful treatment of autism using pancreatic enzymes.
In Autism, the Importance of the Gut by Danielle Elliot (The Atlantic, June 10, 2013)
Monsanto's Glyphosate and Autism: A Possible Link?
A Neurodevelopmental Approach: ICAN website
Stimulation of the limbic region of the brain may also help treat autism. Aromas from essential oils have a powerful ability to stimulate this part of the brain since the sense of smell (olfaction) is tied directly into the mind's emotional and hormonal centers. Therefore, the aroma of an essential oil has the potential to exert a powerful influence on disorders such as ADD and autism.
Essential oils noted to stimulate the limbic region of the brain:
Potential (Frankincense, Sandalwoods, Cedarwood, Lavender, Melissa, Cypress and Helichrysum Blend)
Bones & Joints (Spruce, Rosewood, Blue Tansy and Frankincense with Emu oil)
Peaceful (Tangerine, Orange, Ylang Ylang, Blue Tansy, Patchouli, Mandarin Red and Frankincense)
Focus (Rosemary, Peppermint, Roman Chamomile, Rosewood, Ylang Ylang, Basil, Bergamot, Geranium, Jasmine Sambac, Lemon and Palmarosa)
Diffusing 5 minutes on and 25 minutes off throughout the day and night.
Apply topically to pad of big toe, on temples and base of brain at neck as needed throughout the day.
(much of the above information is from the Essential Oil Desk Reference)
1. My friend had astounding results using POTENTIAL and PEACEFUL with her twelve-year-old son who could hardly focus on anything. He is a new kid, and people who knew him before cannot get over the 100% turn around this boy has shown.
2. My five-year-old son has been diagnosed with Autistic Spectrum Disorder. I found a wonderful nutritionist and also did a lot of digging on the Internet, and my son has come a very long way in the last three years. I found a wealth of information on Dr. Mercola's website, which became my #1 resource for understanding how diet, detoxification and supplementation could help Joey. Initially I flat didn't believe that Joey had any food or environmental issues, yet after we "perfected" his diet (especially when we eliminated gluten and casein, corn, soy and other grains and sugar), we witnessed dramatic changed that no one could have ever imagined possible. Joey, who hardly spoke at all, suddenly began talking in complete 4-5 word sentences! Someone has said that this process is like peeling an onion. Each step taken reveals another issue to tackle. His brain was starved for nutrients because his body was unable to process them. Joey's obsessive/compulsive behaviors, uncontrollable tantrums and social withdrawal are all gone.
3. We began using POTENTIAL with my son when he was eight years old. He could barely read when we started this, but within a month of using Potential just a couple times daily, he began reading well and actually moved up three reading levels. His communication skills soared forward, too. He also suddenly began making eye contact with people, which was unheard of before. We also found that BONES & JOINTS and SUNSHINE help him through things that he finds more difficult such as crowds, changes, transitions and so on.
4. Our daughter has severe developmental delays with some autistic-like tendencies. Before we began using ADAGIO, she had a very difficult time focusing, had a hard time calming down for bed time and any changes to our daily routine were extremely difficult for her. I saw some change when I began using it as directed (1-2 drops at the base of neck, over the heart and on the feet), but then one day several drops ended up on my hand, and I did not wish to waste it. She was so vastly improved above the already improved condition that I began putting at least 10 drops on her spine and then 5-6 over her heart and on her feet. I do avoid putting it on the top of her head because it makes her head look greasy, but it's a good back-up option if she's having an extremely rough day. - Adrienne D.
The choice of the process used in application of Heritage Essential Oils' products is the sole responsibility of the user.
Information and statements regarding Heritage Essential Oils' products have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any health condition or disease.
We do not make any therapeutic claims for any Dietary Supplements in accordance with the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act and FDA regulations.
Heritage Essential Oils and any of its directors, employees, representatives or those involved in blending and bottling the oils will not be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of their products. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, income or profit and claims of third parties. We disclaim any liability if the user uses or prescribes any remedy or essential oil, natural or otherwise, for him/herself or another. Please consult a licensed healthcare professional should a need be indicated.