Tarragon (Artemesia dracunculus), Ginger (Zingiber officinale), Peppermint (Mentha piperita), Juniperberry (Juniperus communis), Anise (Pimpinella anisum), Fennel (Foeniculum vulgare), Lemongrass (Cymbopogon flexuosus) and Patchouli (Pogostemon cablin)
Is MiraLAX the Next Vioxx? No, It's Much Worse! by GutSense.org
Several customers have mentioned that Breaking the Vicious Cycle: Intestinal Health Through Diet by Elaine Gottschall was helpful to their recovery.
Digestion Support blend may assist in relieving digestive problems, such as an upset stomach, belching, heartburn and bloating. This blend has also been effective to abate symptoms of the stomach virus, diarrhea or constipation.
Digestion Support may effectively rid animals of parasites after application to their feet or tips of ears. It may also help dispel parasites by massaging abdomen and placing a warm compress across the stomach.
Patchouli contains constituents that are effective to prevent vomiting because of their ability to reduce gastrointestinal muscle contractions.
Application Suggestions (See Essential Oil Usage for more information and a dilution chart.)
Topical: Dilute with a carrier oil and apply a drop or two on the outer ear to help alleviate morning sickness. For stomach flu/virus, apply a few drops on abdomen. Apply on the feet and ankles. Apply 2 or 3 drops on the paws of your animals to support expelling parasites. Placing a compress across the stomach may also support dispelling parasites.
Digestion Support works well in a roll-on applicator with the carrier oil of your choice.
Inhalation: Diffuse or directly inhale.
Internal: The quality of the oils used in Digestion Support is suitable for internal use within safe parameters, if such use is deemed appropriate. We feel that internal use is rarely *needed* and should only be used with respect for how concentrated the oils are. HEO does not advocate internal use of essential oils without appropriate knowledge and understanding of how to administer, for what purpose, how much, which essential oils, safety concerns and so on. In our experience, essential oils are generally more effective used topically with proper dilution or inhaled. Kurt Schnaubelt Ph.D. notes that "French aromatherapy literature contains many references to using oils internally." He goes on to note that "generally 1 drop is always enough when ingesting essential oils." A potential toxicity hazard could occur when untrained people use essential oils orally and ingest too much. Keep in mind that while medical doctors or health care practitioners may prescribe essential oils for internal use, they are trained and experienced in the safe application of essential oils. It is not a matter of using "French aromatherapy" or "British" methods, it's a matter of experience and appropriate application.
Click here for more information about internal usage.
Some oils in this blend are suggested be used with caution during pregnancy. We know that some mothers use it to successfully combat morning sickness by applying a diluted drop on the outer ear.
1. Our daughter has Trisomy 21 (Down Syndrome), and one aspect of T-21 is low muscle tone, which results for some in chronic constipation. Even though I only nursed her, from birth she had trouble passing stools because her colon lacked the tone to push. After several months of resorting to using glycerin suppositories, I became aware of using essential oils. I tried the Digestion Support blend by simply rubbing a few drops on her abdomen. Within twenty minutes, she had a bowel movement. I applied Digestion Support on her abdomen at every diaper change for many months, and she never had another constipation issue. Eventually, I didn’t need to use the Digestion Support because the consistent use seemed to strengthened her colon. I still use it once daily because I believe it is good for her in other ways: better digestion and parasite prevention. – Linda
2. This is the blend to have for the stomach flu! Just rub some on your abdomen or put a smidgen on the back of a hand and lick it off. Hold tongue to the roof of your mouth. It abates the vomiting and diarrhea immediately for our family! Great oils! – R.W.
3. The other day our family got a stomach bug, and I put the Digestion Support on all of us. It stopped the bug in it's tracks. Awesome! - P.B.
4. My newborn baby was experiencing discomfort as her digestion system learned how to work [colic]. I decided to rub some Digestion Support on the bottoms of her feet. She relaxed and dirtied her diaper within minutes. - B.C.
5. My husband's niece was experiencing morning sickness to the degree that she almost couldn't go to work. I sent her a bottle of Digestion Support, and SHE REPORTED THAT IT HELPED ALMOST IMMEDIATELY!! What a testimony! Just had to share that with you. - M.H.
6. My teenage daughter was suddenly taken with something that felt like stomach flu or something violent anyway. She was heaving and retching, and she sounded very faint. I found her on the bathroom floor, trembling and shaking uncontrollably, almost about to faint, unable to go for medications or anything. My first choice with stomach flu is to get activated charcoal down, but her stomach was so queasy she had trouble getting it down. I then fetched the sample of Digestion Support you sent me, and told her to rub it on her stomach since she was feeling too queasy to put anything in her mouth. To our amazement, within just a few minutes after applying the oils, she started feeling much better, and the nausea eventually subsided enough that she was able to go to sleep. - J.H.
7. I just wanted to update you on my son (constipation due to Down Syndrome). The Digestion Support worked!!! Praise God!! His bowel movements weren't painful and it's wonderful!! Unfortunately, he had a touch of the flu, so we stopped treatment for a few days since he was so miserable already---and now we are back to square one, but I'm so excited that it works for him! It's an answer to prayer! I'm looking forward to trying more of the oils :) Thanks again! ~ S.E. (a very pleased mom :)
8. My husband and I were having breakfast, and he started having severe pain from a kidney stone. His last experience was 4 years ago. After walking around the living room in large circles holding his side and moaning he went into our bathroom thinking he was going to vomit. I found him curled up on the floor. I thought about your wonderful oils and asked the Lord that if I have an oil that will give him relief, please help me know what to do. (I only have 4 different kinds!) I left the room and started searching the internet for some guidance. I was clearly told during that time to put Digestion Support on his side. Well, he let me put it on. About 3 minutes later, I found him in our bedroom resting fairly comfortably on his side. He said he thought the oil worked. A little later (another 3 minutes), the moaning started and he asked for more. After applying it the second time, that was it. He hasn’t had any pain since that time. We are, of course, just waiting for it to move or for it to try exiting, but for the time being he feels very blessed! I want to thank you again for doing what you are clearly called to do. You’re helping people that you don’t even know. I am very grateful.
9. I wanted to tell you that I absolutely love the Digestive Support blend. I have had heartburn, reflux, bloating, etc for years. I have been taking Nexium, but I have recently noticed that it just isn't working as well. I've had severe issues with the heartburn and reflux in spite of the Nexium. In fact, I was having to take Tagament 1-2x a day on top of the Nexium. I ordered your Digestive Support and began taking it internally 4-6 drops per capsule x 2. My symptoms have disappeared, and I am hoping to be able to stop taking the Nexium soon. I don't know if I'm taking too much of the Digestive Support, but it hasn't seemed to bother me so far. I just wanted to let you know my success so far. - M.W.
10. My husband, has been on every medication available for acid reflux. He even had surgery to widen his esophagus and other remedies to no avail. He started putting a few drops of Digestion Support in a glass of water at night, and he no longer has problems with acid reflux! This stuff is amazing! He did it every night for a couple of weeks, and now he only does it about once a week as a maintenance/preventative measure. -L.W.
11. The Digestion Support has worked well for staving off vomiting with stomach flu and even prevented a food poisoning episode. Thank you for this formula. - C.G.
12. I read about your digestion blend on a website for children who have Down syndrome. My 11 month old has very sluggish bowels, having a movement every 5-7 days. I mixed 3 drops of your blend with a teaspoon of olive oil and rubbed onto his abdomen after feeding. He had a bowel movement within an hour! Thank you so much. ~ B.J.L.
13. My son-in-law had acute diarrhea, and two drops of Digestion Support rubbed on his abdomen cured it instantly. - B.B.
14. I used to have severed attacks with diverticulitis, but since applying Digestion Support on my naval morning and night, I have not had one more attack. I love these oils. - J.F.
15. The oils never cease to amaze me! Our 6-year-old daughter woke up on Saturday morning with a headache and nauseated. She had a low-grade fever and just didn't feel well. I put some Digestion Support on her tummy, and within minutes she was saying her tummy felt MUCH better. She still complained of her head hurting though. I rubbed some Peppermint on her neck and again, in minutes, she was telling me her head no longer hurt. She was all better by the end of the day and we were able to go to church together as a family on Sunday with no one having to stay home due to a sick child. What a blessing! - A.K.
16. Our special needs daughter who has epilepsy needed enemas once a week to help her with constipation. After reading the testimonies about Digestion Support, I decided to give it a try, as I didn't think it could do any harm. I know their are oils in this blend some say to be cautious of if one has epilepsy, but we felt to give it a try because the constipation issue is a huge problem for her. One drop on the belly button every morning, and without fail she has a bowel movement. There have been no epileptic issues with it at all.
17. My baby daughter had been constipated for 2 weeks and the only way I can ever get her to go was with a glycerin suppository. She is only breastfed, and I am very careful to avoid any gluten or dairy in my diet. The Digestion Support arrived yesterday and I applied it right away. She pooped twice today! This stuff is amazing! Thank you so much. I don't think I have ever been so happy to clean a blow-out diaper, but I am looking forward to many more :) - A.N.
18. I have suffered with IBS [Irritable Bowel Syndrome] for many years. I'll have gas, then severe pain in my abdomen, then dibilitating diarrhea. I had Peppermint, which helped, but didn't really deal with it like I'd hoped, so I ordered Digestion Support. I put 2 drops Peppermint and about 4 drops Digestion Support in a capsule and filled the rest with Olive oil. One capsule did wonders for him. A few hours later, he was so impressed that he asked for another capsule for good measure. This protocol has stopped the gas and none of the other symptoms have come on. He is thrilled and now very impressed with your essential oils! - E.T.
19. My husband has had GERD (bad for of acid reflux) for years. He was on a very expensive medication that was not covered by insurance. He is now 100% off of it due to using Digestion Support from Heritage Essential Oils. He takes it at night before bed with water. He also has Keifer on hand if he has a bad flair up. I have been AMAZED at the difference!!! - Bekah
20. Digestion Support "cured" my son's colic. I diluted it with virgin coconut oil, and today he is passing loose stools (they are just right!). Great blend! - Maria
21. We've used Digestion Support for motion sickness with great results. I have my little ones rub a drop or two on their tummies. They also inhale the aroma from their palms. Works great!
22. The stomach flu hit me in the middle of the night with relentless vomiting and diarrhea. I grabbed our bottle of Digestion Support and put a quick drop on the back of my hand and licked it off, anticipating the next surge of vomit. Amazingly to me, I felt better within the minute. I hung around the bathroom, but all episodes ended with that one drop. I cleaned up and went back to bed. By morning, I felt a little tired, but fine. This stuff is amazing! ~ L.S.
23. I want share how impressed I am with Digestion Support. Last night I began feeling very nauseous and went to lay down assuming it was going to be rough night. My daughter brought the Digestion Support to me, and I took one drop in a little coconut oil and took it by mouth. Within less than 5 minutes the nausea had toned down significantly. I had a very mild "girgliness" but that's it. I slept through the night just fine, and this morning everything is back to normal. Thank you. - Elaine
24. I have a somewhat embarrassing testimony. For the new year we got a juicer to add to our healthier living. Yesterday was Day 2 of using it, and after I drank about a liter of vegetable juice from it I had horrible stomach pain and cramping to where I could barely walk (too much, too fast from what I gather). I used your Digestion Support blend, and with in 10 min the pain went away enough for me to function normally, and with in 30 min it was completely gone. - Kimberly
25. I put two drops of Digestion Support on my abdomen in desperation to stop the vomiting I had, and not only did I not throw up again after the first application, but in less than 60 seconds I seriously felt my stomach get noticeably more peaceful. I still had nausea all day, so I reapplied it every 3-4 hours, and each time I felt immediately better for a while. - Cathy S.
26. This stuff is amazing for the flu bug! Place a drop on back of hand and voila! I didn't even need to take all my tamiflu. I took it for 2 days, but while I was waiting for script to fill I took Digestion Support, and it took the nausea feeling right away! - Bobbie
27. I LOVE the Digestion Support. It works well not only for me, but my grandsons as well. A little in his belly button (he thinks this is great), and then I touch a drop to the roof of his mouth. Nausea and pain gone! - Laurie L.
28. I LOVE this EO!! It is probably my favorite to add to water to drink. Works great when you need it also! - Loretta M.
29. Digestion Support is a great blend. I love it! It helps so much that I have not had to take my Zantac since my first application. My MD told me to put 3 drops in a little bit of water and drink it. I also apply it to my tummy when I can't drink it. Both methods work to alleviate gas and heartburn. - Susana F.
30. I cannot thank you enough for Digestion Support! It has been a real blessing to our family. Monday at work I noticed that my stomach was not behaving as it should, and took a dose of Digestion Support after lunch. We've had a virus sweeping through our area, and I must have had contact over the weekend. My stomach settled completely for the day. The next morning I made it to work, but was suddenly taken by a wave of nausea that quickly progressed to almost vomiting, except I had the Digestion Support ready. I began taking drops and holding to the roof of my mouth, as well as rubbing several drops on my stomach. Within 15 minutes I was well enough to drive home and rest, never experiencing the vomiting that has afflicted so many. Thank you so much for such a wonderful product! - Lorie
31. I decided to try Digestion Support for my Irritable Bowel Syndrome. I massage it over my lower abdomen and the arch of my foot nightly. I’ve had great results!
32. Our 14 -year-old son woke me up about 3 in the morning. He was having severe pain on his right side, up high just below his ribs. Thinking it was a gas bubble, I had him try all kinds of positions that might move the bubble and dissipate. Nothing worked. We tried charcoal to no avail. By this time, the pain was now going up into his right shoulder and down his arm. I got on the internet, and the only thing that came up was gallbladder stones. How could a 14 year old who is so healthy and eats healthy have gallbladder problems I wondered? Finally I thought to use Digestion Support. What took me so long to think of it, I do not know! First we tried to put drops on his tummy, but this didn't seem to help. So I put three drops in a capsule and gave it to him. I also had him eat a piece of dry toast because I didn't know how the oil would sit on his stomach. (I've used it on an empty stomach and it made it more upset). He had been up since 3 am and it was now 7. I gave him the oil, he took it, and within 5 minutes was sound asleep! I was so relieved! I still wonder if it was a gallbladder attack. He had all of the symptoms, but whatever it was, the oil did wonders! So glad I had it here to use! I tell people all of the time that I wouldn't be without my oils! :) Thanks so much for all of your hard work to provide them for us at a reasonable price! You are truly a blessing! - Janet K.
33. I LOVE Digestion Support. I drink it every day just because it tastes so good! - Loretta M.
34. I am using Digestion Support for diverticulitus. I was diagnosed with this many years ago and have controlled it well with diet, but I had a severe bout with it a couple of weeks ago, which is why I ordered Digestion Support. I put a drop on my belly button when I have any stomach distress, and this has worked really well. - Sharon G.
35. I wanted to share how we have used essential oils on our Yorkie, Cocoa. Last week she seemed lethargic, didn't want to eat and had a little diarrhea, so I thought that perhaps something had upset her tummy. I rubbed some Digestion Support on her belly. Again I could see a visible shift only a short while after applying the oil, and after a second application a few hours later she was almost back to her usual perky self. I think with animals - especially small ones like Cocoa - the oils work more quickly and the effects are really visible. - Candice S.
36. Digestion Support blend has been wonderful at combating nausea associated with chemo for my 2-year-old son. - Amy
37. I LOVE Digestion Support. I don't take $50.00 a month reflux meds anymore due to it. - Susan
38. I just want to share this info about Digestion Support. Within the past year I started having heartburn. My husband is always trying to push Tums on me, and I will not take them. I figure drinking water and waiting it will soon past. Sometimes it is later and sooner. Sunday night when the heartburn started, I headed for the bottle of Digestion Support. To my surprise, within a minute my heartburn was gone. I thought to myself "There’s no way it worked that fast." Tonight I as heartburn came on again I put one drop of Digestion Support on the top of my hand and licked it off. Within a half of a minute - NO heartburn. Amazing!! Linda, thank you for sharing your company with us and for all the hard work you do for all of us out here. Also, thanks to all your customers who share their stories so we can learn from them. God Bless to all. - Rebecca
39. I have celiac disease and was accidentally "glutened" today. I had just gotten my Digestion Support in this week, and after about an hour of being sick, I remembered to try it. Wow!!! I put ii in a capsule with a carrier oil, and within 10 minutes felt my stomach cramps and spasms calm! I am beyond thrilled with this!! It has been 2 hours since taking the capsule, and I am still tummy symptom free. - Beth
40. I didn't think Digestion Support would work on a 'glutened' belly, but it totally did! In about 10-15 minutes I went from not being able to stand up straight to walking around symptom free. Amazing stuff! - Melanie
41. Digestion Support is unsurpassed for colic and all other tummy and digestion related issues. I put just a dab on my clean fingertip and put it into our granddaughter’s mouth. She was a bit surprised by the taste, but took to it and stopped crying immediately. This is a great blend.
42. Digestion Support has helped my sons potty training. We apply it to his tummy in the evening and within 2 weeks he was "pooing" in the potty and has ever since. I think the Digestion Support oil helped with the feeling so he recognized it, and also the texture changed dramatically. Thank you, thank you for what you do. - April
43. A couple days ago I posted about my 5 year old. When he gets sick it's usually bad and fast. So, when he came down with a 102.8 fever I acted quickly and aggressively. I applied (all oils I used were diluted) Digestion Support to his tummy every other hour from 2-8 pm when he went to bed. In addition, I alternated Warrior and Top Gun - not knowing if he was fighting bacteria or virus. I also applied a touch of Headache Relief for his pain. Knowing fevers can get serious, I checked his temp every 30 minutes. It steadily went down, and when he was ready for bed, it was 99.7. I diffused Plague Defense heavier than I probably needed to in the boys room as he slept. When I tucked him, in I massaged his back and feet with Peaceful Spray and a touch of Plague Defense. This morning he was his normal self. In the afternoon he complained of an "angry tummy" again, and I started my routine. But, it only took 2 applications before he felt well. Tonight I'll diffuse Plague Defense lightly again just in case. I'm soooooo happy to be able to help my son without medication. Thank you, thank you, thank you for these delightful oils. And THANK YOU for not being a MLM!!! - Heidi
44. Is there anything to be concerned about with the Anise in Digestion Support as far as it being a neuro toxin? I've read some articles about babies who were given Anise in an herbal tea as a colic remedy, which resulted in neuro poisoning. Just wondering if this would be a concern with the essential oil Anise. I'm assuming probably not but was just curious if anyone else knew anything about this. I just want to make sure the Digestion Support is safe to use on my newborn if needed. - Jenna
The article you mentioned is referring to Star Anise and oral dose. The Anise in Digestion Support is not Star Anise but rather the Pimpinella anisum from Egypt. We don't carry Japanese Star Anise (Illicium anistatum). Thank you for asking :-)
45. During the first trimester morning sickness, i applied Digestion Support to the back of my ears and put Peppermint on the back of my hand and "sniff" it. This helped every time! if i didn't do this, I vomited. every time! - Candice
46. Due to a birth defect, I have had acid reflux all of my life. Due to the reflux and aspiration it caused, I now have COPD. I nearly lived on OTC and prescription antacids for almost 50 years. They helped minimally. For the past few years, I've switched to using EO's. I've also learned that a swallow of lemon juice, most times, works immediately. When needed, I also apply Digestion Support. I keep packets of lemon juice in my purse. I am so thankful to God for his natural remedies and WONDERFUL EO's. If we had known about the effectiveness of simple things like lemon juice and vinegar when I was growing up, I may not be dealing with COPD today. As far as the COPD goes, the Respiratory Relief and the Lung Healing have been a wonderful blessing. I have been able to minimize my need for supplemental oxygen. - Patty
47. I like the Digestion Support for indigestion. I also like organic raw apple cider vinegar. I drink juice from sauerkraut too. Sounds strange but it works immediately and I actually like it. I check my pH with test strips and the sauerkraut or vinegar works well to bring me back to alkaline. - Sally
48. We use Digestion Support for acid reflux, and it works very well. Gluten can cause acid reflux. I apply it to wherever it feels like the burning is... sometimes it's my tummy, sometimes it's around the belly button and sometimes when it's really bad, I do both and a drop by mouth. You can put a few drops in a capsule diluted with a carrier oil and swallow it too. - Stacy
49. I rub Digestion Support on my belly before I go out to eat. I don't take Pepcid anymore. - Nora
50. I put the Digestive Support in a capsule (you can buy them at HEO) for my daughter when she has a reaction to gluten, and it's about the only thing that helps. - Bev
51. I have been putting a few drops of Digestion Support in a glass of water to drink for my hiatal hernia, and it seems to calm the pain down. This oral use helps more than applying to my stomach. - Jennifer
52. To hep prevent and deal with the stomach virus, we use raw apple cider vinegar in warm water with honey. It changes the pH of the intestinal tract to make it less hospitable to the virus. - Anne
53. My body is trying to get back to normal since having my baby 9 months ago. Part of that is the return of my cycle and all of the grumpiness, headaches and cramping that go along with it (BOOOOO!). It just occurred to me to search the site for help with the pain. Unfortunately, I have very few of the suggested oils on hand, so I tried the Digestion Support. I have a cream I made by mixing coconut oil and Lavender. I dug out some from the jar, added a few drops of the Digestion Support and applied it topically to my abdomen and lower back. WOW! I feel SO MUCH BETTER, and I smell like an Italian wedding cookie, which brings back sweet memories of my Grammy. It's a win/win! - Rachel
54. Digestion Support is a miracle! It is my favorite and works so quickly! - Brenda
55. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Digestion Support! My skeptical husband is now a believer in Essential Oils too after using this blend! - Tara
56. Digestion Support has been a Godsend at our house. My son has had stomach pains off and on for years, and many visits to the doctor, blood work and ultrasounds revealed absolutely nothing. This stuff stops those aches so quickly, and he hasn't had trouble with vomiting or diarrhea either. (It would often lead to one or the other). I've also given some to my friend who is on daily chemotherapy for cancer, and it has proven to be a significant help to her as well. They were just so random, there never seemed to be any connection to anything. Thankfully it doesn't happen very often and less often now. When he does complain about it now, usually he needs to use the restroom. I also noticed that more often than not, when he uses the oil, he's in the bathroom within 5 minutes or so. I don't know if the oil helps him realize what he needs to do, if the oil helps it along, or if it's just coincidence. It also seems to help with car sickness. - Lynn
57. I use the Digestion Support, too, and it works miracles! We put a drop on our hand and lick it off, and we do the same with Plague Defense if we aren't feeling well. Great results :-) - Brandy
58. Digestion Support is amazing. I used to get so car sick on winding roads that I dreaded going on some, otherwise, fun trips to the coast. I now apply some diluted Digestion Support to my abdomen and lick a drop off the back of my hand about 20 minutes before we hit the windy area, and I can enjoy the scenery rather than stare intently at the divider line while groaning (lol) I'm a much more pleasant travel companion. - Sally
59. We have used this for , a virus where we had stomach “yuck,” nausea, intestinal cramping and diarrhea. It has worked so well that I am ordering a BIG bottle this time! I never want to be without this blend! - Margaret
60. We just ran out of Digestion Support last night, and my husband has had a long stomach virus, w headache and dizziness. You sent our last order so quickly that it should be there this afternoon when we get back!! Thankful!! We love that blend!! When he uses it and I smell it, I find myself breathing it in deeply just because it smells good!! - Maggie
61. Our 2 1/2-year-old daughter has Down Syndrome, and we struggled for the first few months with her constipation. It was your website and info that led me to try the Digestion Support (I put it on her tummy twice a day with castor oil as the carrier), and she has gone twice a day, every day, since then. I am so grateful!! Thank you for all that you and your family do!! - Julia
62. Digestion Support has been an absolute lifesaver for me and my family! It takes away heartburn in a matter of minutes! If I have any stomach aches, over-eating pains or gas pains, I rub it directly onto my stomach. For any nausea, heartburn or indigestion I put a drop on the back of my hand and lick it off. I have never encontered any sort of over the counter medicine that has worked this well. Impressed as always with Heritage! - Nicole
63. Your products are amazing!!! They are front and centre in our medicine cabinet. I LOVE the Digestive Support. It works amazing for me. Any stomach issues and I put a drop on my hand and lick it up, and within minutes my tummy feels better. - Sylvia
64. My mom has great success controlling her diverticulitis with Digestion Support in her belly button several times per day plus at least 1 cup of aloe vera 2x per day, and probiotics daily. - Sunny
65. I have not taken Tums at night since I have been using Digestion Support. - Margie
66. I LOVE Digestion Support and share it with all around me. Last Sunday my friend's 13-year-old son called and said he thought perhaps he had food poisoning - or something - his belly was hurting badly and he was miserable. I sent her home with some Digestive Support and told her to apply it around his belly button and the soles of feet. When I saw her a week later she said it worked wonders, he felt better quickly and he asked her to buy some. I'm also using it on an elderly dog that became disinterested in eating. I apply to the tips of her ears and her paw pads - she's eating and back to self. - Meghan
67. I just had to let you know that we are praising God for an answer. I had written you about a month ago regarding the intense and constant pain my husband has been suffering for the past 4 years. The Lord showed us the problem - it is quite simply the fact that his appendix is gone and he no longer is producing the probiotics he used to, thus effecting his immune system and digestion. The Digestion Support oil that you suggested is helping him! That, along with probiotics, has almost completely eliminated his pain. He now has an issue with heartburn, but I see that the Peppermint can help with that, as well as Lemon.Thanks so much for your prayers and help. And praise the Lord for giving my husband healing. - Allison
68. We have been battling the flu at our house for the last couple of weeks. My son is home sick today - he was resting on the couch when I heard him begin to sob. He said his tummy was hurting really badly. I grabbed my Digestion Support and gave him a tummy massage with it - within two minutes he had calmed down and said it was working and he was feeling better. We are not out of the woods with the illness, but I am just so thankful for a natural, effective way that I can give some relief to my little ones - can't thank you enough Linda and Heritage. - Ali
69. I got hit with the stomach flu bug last week. I took a drop of Digestion Support in a bit of water, and it literally stopped the vomiting and diarrhea in its tracks. Amazing!! I also use Digestion Support regularly to help with IBS struggles and pain. Great oil blend! Thanks for all you do!! - Jenn
70. Thank you, thank you!! I have been struggling with stomach issues the last few weeks. Digestion Support has been a life saver. There were no OTC meds that would calm my stomach. One night, I was tossing and turning when I grabbed my Digestion Support and rubbed it on my tummy. A few minutes later I drifted off to sleep! Thank you again!! - Leah
71. Thank you, thank you!! I have been struggling with stomach issues the last few weeks. Digestion Support has been a life saver. There were no OTC meds that would calm my stomach. One night, I was tossing and turning when I grabbed my Digestion Support and rubbed it on my tummy. A few minutes later I drifted off to sleep! Thank you again!! - Leah
72. Last night the thermostat in our Master Bedroom went out so we had no heat during the cold snap. It was 26°, and that is really cold for us. We had an electric blanket so we didn't freeze. My sweet husband bought a new themostat on his way home from work but was feeling sick to his stomach when he arrived. He laid down for about 30 minutes, and then I encouraged him to apply Digestion Support to his belly. Within 10 minutes he was able to get up and install the new thermostat. Yea! We have heat! - Stacy
73. If there was one oil blend that I would never want to be without again, it would be Digestion Support. Over the years both my mother and I have had to routinely take ant-acids for painful stomachaches. When I discovered that Digestion Support rubbed on my abdomen completely takes away all the pain and discomfort in less than a minute or two. I sent some to my mom, and now she experiences the same relief! I can’t tell you what a blessing this is to us. Many times antacid medications wouldn’t help, and I was left with terrible stomach pain for hours. Now I make sure I have some with me at all times! It has also helped completely take away nausea in the middle of the night for all of us when we were fighting a flu virus. Any time I have mild nausea for any reason, it completely takes it away for me. Another daughter with IBS and gastroparesis (slow emptying of the stomach) has found some relief from her pain and nausea as well. Thank you, Lord, for the comfort your oils are continuing to bring us! - Katy
74. Last night I applied a drop of Digestion Support on my navel for morning sickness, and I felt great! This is my third pregnancy, and I usually have all day sickness ALL the time!! I used some this morning as well and did not have any nausea and even ate a good amount of breakfast. I'm SO thankful for this oil blend! How often can I use it safely? - Lena
[HEO's comment: Using a dop of diluted oil every few hours should not pose any issues. Ron Guba wrote that toxicity during pregnancy is almost exclusively due to pregnant women taking large, toxic doses of essential oils.]
75. I have suffered for years with stomach issues and ordered the Digestion Support and the Coriander. I put the DS on my stomach topically and take Coriander in a capsule if I have a lot spasm pain, and since I have been doing this, I have kept symptoms at bay ! So far so good !!! Very happy !! - Tanya
76. Digestion Support is AMAZING! My 11-year-old daughter recently had a pretty bad bout with constipation. It took almost a week to get it under control, and during that time she was in severe pain. She would wake in the middle of the night with severe stomach pain. Every time she hurt, we would put Digestion Support on her tummy. I would rub it on, and within a minute or two she had relief. EVERY SINGLE TIME! It is wonderful to be able to help your little one when they are in pain. Thanks Heritage. - Wendee
77. Last Sunday I was suffering from severe heart burn and acid reflux. My friend pulled a little roller bottle out of her purse and gave it to me. I put it on my chest and within 10 minutes it was gone. I have used it the last two nights and eaten as usual, and I have not had the first sign of heartburn!! - Sandy
78. Our 12-year-old son has a problem with getting car sick. He has had it since is was a very tiny thing. We have used Bonine for motion sickness and sea bands, which work pretty well if you remember to put them on about 20 min before you travel. His car sickness is so bad that we can't drive 5 minutes down the road without him getting sick. We recently tried Digestion Support! WOW! This works! We put a little on his naval as we are getting in the car, and bingo bango...he does NOT get sick. He can do anything in the car without any problem, where as before he couldn't. What a blessing for him after 12 yrs. of struggling to be able to ride in the car without getting sick. - Sandi
Tisserand notes that Fennel appears to be devoid of convulsant activity, and that a likely cause of the seizure reported was the result of a drug interaction (Lamictal). Battaglia notes that he was not able to find any herbal references which supported the claim that fennel oil is contraindicated for persons with epilepsy. The essential oil constituent believed to be responsible for the convulsant effects are ketones, but Battaglia notes that "there is no reason to assume that all ketones found in essential oils present any danger to people prone to epilepsy."
Emily wrote: "I am epileptic, and regularly use Digestion Support with no issues!"
Use with caution during pregnancy.
Avoid contact with the eyes and other sensitive areas. Essential oils are both lipophilic and hydrophobic. Lipophilic means they are attracted to fat—like the membranes of your eyes and skin. They are also hydrophobic, meaning they do not like water. Flushing with water will only send the essential oil back to the eye's membranes. Applying a carrier oil will create another fat for the essential oil to be attracted to other than the membranes of the eyes or skin. We’ve not known this to cause permanent injury or long-term discomfort, but if you feel concerned, please call your health care provider.