Unknown column 'pImage' in 'field list'
Warning: mysql_free_result() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home3/herita57/public_html/heritageessentialoils.com/vsadmin/inc/incproducts.php on line 378
Eczema is sometimes referred to as the “itch” that “rashes,” and it is basically inflammation of the skin. There are some who feel that eczema is all about a toxic liver and/or allergies, and others who feel that it reflects fungal issues. Our skin is the largest organ in our body, and when something is amiss internally, whether because of a toxic liver or fungal issues, it should come as no surprise that our body might use the skin as a means to detox. If you have an idea that you may have fungal issues (perhaps you have occasional or chronic vaginal yeast infections, toenail fungus or other “yeast” symptoms), then you may want to consider the testimonies that address fungal issues. If you have been exposed to chemicals and think your issue may be rooted in a toxic liver, then consider the testimonies that lean that direction. Once your symptoms disappear, keep up the protocol you decide on for quite some time ~ after all, it’s doing something good in you. Yeast issues tend to return if the protocol is stopped too soon.
No matter what the root cause, consider:
- Drink ½ your body weight in ounces of water daily and add a few drops of LEMON essential oil or LYMPHATIC CLEANSE. These oils will alkalize the body. An acidic body is a sick body.
- Supplementation of Omega 3 fats (high quality, animal-based krill is recommended by Dr. Mercola).
- Using raw goat’s milk soap (can be purchased at Hopewell Essential Oils)
- Sunshine exposure daily (don’t use sunscreen and don’t stay out so long that your skin burns)
- Eat fermented foods (see Nourishing Traditions cookbook or Weston Price recipes online)
If you have used steroid creams, you may expect withdrawal symptoms.
Topical Steroid Withdrawal
Personal Testimony: Kitty Defeats Eczema/Steroid Withdrawal Description
Eczema Natural Treatment: Sulfur
GAPS Diet helps repair leaky gut issues that may be the root of the eczema
1. My daughter suddenly got eczema on both sides of her elbows and the back of her legs. I mixed a few drops of LAVENDER with JOJOBA oil and applied it morning and night to the itchy rash. In less than two weeks the rash has disappeared with minimal discoloration. The skin is smooth and not itchy.
2. I had a terrible case of itchy eczema since I was a teenager. This recipe worked for me:
2 drops PATCHOULI
2 drops ROMAN CHAMOMILE
2 drops LAVENDER
2 drops CLEANSING
I added this to HEO's EMU oil (1 oz. bottle) and applied it to my rash twice daily and more if needed for the itch. It took a while to completely disappear, but gave good relief from the itching.
3. My skeptical husband got rid of his troublesome rash by using CLEANSING and LAVENDER, one in the morning and the other at night for a couple of months. None of the creams the doctor prescribed ever worked so well.
4. I suspected that my eczema occurred because of my occupational exposure to chemicals for many years, so I used LIVER/GALLBLADDER over my liver both morning and night. I took CLEANSING internally in a capsule (about 5 drops) and applied TENDER SKIN MOISTURIZING SPRAY directly on my rash. The Tender Skin really helped alleviate the itch, and in less than 6 weeks, the rash was almost totally gone. I kept up the protocol for another 6 weeks and have been eczema free now for 2 years. I still use the Liver/Gallbladder over my liver since I know I’ve got a real problem with toxins.
[HEO's Safety Comment: Oral use should only be considered with respect for how concentrated the oils are. HEO does not advocate internal use of essential oils without appropriate knowledge and understanding of how to administer, for what purpose, how much, which essential oils, safety concerns and so on. Kurt Schnaubelt Ph.D. notes that "French aromatherapy literature contains many references to using oils orally." He goes on to note that "generally 1 drop is always enough when ingesting essential oils." A potential toxicity hazard could occur when untrained people use essential oils orally and ingest too much. Keep in mind that while medical doctors or health care practitioners may prescribe essential oils for internal use, they are trained and experienced in the safe application of essential oils.]
5. My little granddaughter was diagnosed with eczema, but fortunately her parents asked me for some oils before filling her prescription. They used a combination of LAVENDER and CLEANSING, and it disappeared fairly quickly.
6. My friend used CEDARWOOD on her eczema rash, and it was greatly improved just overnight.
7. I had eczema for years until I found these wonderful oils. LAVENDER neat (undiluted) cleared up the rash. My skin was very sensitive because of all the synthetic creams and lotions I’ve used for so many years. I now only use personal care products (including perfumes) that are chemical free. I think that is very important. Lavender has also worked for several of my friends who had eczema.
8. I didn’t know what to do when my son’s rash started cracking and bleeding, so I put a few drops of HELICHRYSM BLEND with a little EMU oil on topically and it helped a lot. My son settled down and slept peacefully through the night. The next day his skin was much better and hardly looked inflamed. I kept this up for a couple of weeks and you can hardly tell he ever had a problem!
9. I took Elocom and hydrocortisone for 20 years for a bad case of eczema. Drugs are bad, people, really bad. My adrenals were shot and I had a plethora of other health issues: terrible allergies, brain fog, extreme fatigue, depression, digestion (or lack of it) and so on. My body was very acidic. I decided to quit the drugs cold turkey and start on a good colon cleanse. For the first 6 weeks, everything was worse, but I felt encouraged because for the first time in 20 years my immune system could finally do what it needed to do. The corticosteroids are immune-suppressants and won’t allow your body to do what it was designed to do. The eczema is just a symptom of something gone wrong internally. Here’s what I did:
- Colon cleanse and then Liver cleanse with Milk Thistle
- Support adrenal glands (Hopewell blend: REVITALIZE works great!)
- Supplement with Essential Fatty Acids
- Drink ½ body weight in ounces of water daily and add LEMON or LYMPAHTIC CLEANSE blend to help flush toxins and alkalize your body.
- Avoid fried foods, dairy and meat until much better.
- Topically apply CLOVE or PEPPERMINT neat (undiluted) for controlling the itch.
10. My mother had large, weeping sores on the bottoms of her feet that cleared up with LAVENDER, CLEANSING and HELICHRYSUM BLEND applied twice daily. In seven days the sores were scabbed over. They loosened and fell off with no more signs of eruptions. PEPPERMINT helped her not to scratch.
11. I had eczema on my face and quite by accident I discovered that TENDER SKIN clears it right up. I got sunburned and used the Tender Skin for that, and that’s when I realized that my eczema disappeared too. Tender Skin smells so wonderful and makes my skin feel great! I used the straight oil for my sunburn, but now I get the moisturizing spray and love it!
12. I was desperate for a solution to my worsening case of eczema when a friend of mine introduced EUCALYPTUS and ROSE oils to me. Now, most of my eczema's cleared up and my skin, although still not perfect, isn't dry and itchy like it has been for so many years!
Eczema sufferers out there need to know that there indeed is a better cure to eczema than corticosteroids, which merely suppress the condition. This suppression often causes a recurrent breakout to be far worse than the previous. Furthermore, excessive use of such creams thins the skin and increases the risk of infection.
13. My eczema was definitely diet related. I eliminated yeast products like wheat, pasta, dairy and sugar which encourages yeast growth. I encourage the right kind of bacteria by taking pro-biotics and eating fermented food daily. I pay attention that I’m eating plenty of alkaline foods to keep my body in balance. I used GERANIUM, PEPPERMINT and ROSEWOOD to ease the inflammation and itching. It took me 4 months to clear up, but it was totally worth all the effort!
14. I had eczema all over my hands and LAVENDER ESSENTIAL WATER in a spray bottle worked for me. I used it all day long whenever I noticed the slightest itch.
15. My daughter was diagnosed with eczema, and I accepted the prescription but didn’t fill it. I used LAVENDER and TEA TREE oil, and within 24 hours there was marked improvement.
16. My son had eczema on his elbow and TENDER SKIN topically just a couple of times stopped his scratching and the rash disappeared.
17. For all itchy rashes we use CLEANSING, and I can attest that it works far better than any cortisone cream the doctors prescribe.
18. I am very happy with TENDER SKIN MOISTURIZING SPRAY for itchy rashes. Eczema that had been around for years disappeared and my skin feels wonderful now.
19. I have had difficult spots of eczema on my ankle and elbows for a year now. I had a similar area on my ankle several years ago that sent me to a dermatologist and left me with a prescription. Not wanting to have to go that route again, I started looking into what oils would work best. I also wanted to use one that I already had on hand. After reading at your site for awhile, I realized that many of the ingredients in the STRENGTH formula would be good for eczema. I have been using it less than a week and the area is at least 80% improved! I believe with continued use it should be completely clear in another week. Thank you for the wonderful quality oil and for the informative website!! - Tracy E.
20. My five-year-old daughter has suffered from severe eczema since she was a baby. She has it all over her body... arms, legs, back of the legs, behind the ears, back of the arms and in the creases of her arms. We have tried everything... steroid creams, eczema lotions, etc. We also have to be very careful because synthetic fragrances in lotions etc. aggravate her condition even more. Surprisingly, most eczema lotions have these added fragrances (not to mention the harmful chemicals). The itching will keep her up at night, and at times she bleeds from the scratching. I recently started using Hopewell Essential Oil's DERMASOOTHE BLEND with organic Jojoba oil in a spray bottle. Within minutes of the first application we could already see an improvement. I applied it every night. Each day, it has gotten better. Within a week it has almost completely cleared up! The spray doesn't sting at all, and she enjoys putting it on... even on her worst spots. It is the best product we've EVER used, and we are so grateful to have found this blend! - Sarah T.
21. My grandson is a nursing baby, and his eczema improved greatly with DERMASOOTHE SPRAY, but after a day where his mother consumed a lot of dairy, it really flared up. The spray calms it down quite considerably. - Francine H.
22. I'm truly amazed how HELICHRYSUM BLEND has helped my son. He has had flaky skin all his life since a newborn. I had to hide his legs when we went out (and he was born in August) because of all the hurtful comments that were made about his bloody flaky skin. I didn't take him to a pediatrician for three and a half years because I was honestly afraid of being accused of child endangerment; his skin was that bad. I finally took him to our family dermatologist when he woke me in the middle of the night (he did this every single night) scratching his head. It was then that I realized his skin condition was what was interrupting his sleep (and mine!). The doctor was not alarmed by my response to his awful skin and treated him with many topical ointments and treatments. He diagnosed him with extreme psoriasis on his scalp and eczema all over his body. I purchased Helichrysum Blend for my husbands tinnitus and read that it was also noted for eczema, so I applied on the bottoms of our son's feet at bedtime. Never before has he had normal skin like he does after using this blend!! No more nasty dandruff flakes in his hair. No more 'lizard legs'. The Helichrysum Blend from Hopewell Essential Oils is the first product to truly deal with his awful psoriasis and eczema. I am very grateful. Thank you so very much for how you've helpd our family with your oils! - Sheri H.
23. Jane Buckle writes in Clinical Aromatherapy, p. 286: "My clinical experience and that of my students is that Helicrysum italicum (HELICHRYSUM [Blend] ) diluted in aloe vera gel (3%) is very effective in reducing the heat and itchiness of eczema. It will work within a few hours if it is going to work at all and is definitely worth a try."
24. I am fond of using GERMAN CHAMOMILE and BLUE YARROW with TAMANU and EVENING PRIMROSE for eczema. I just use a few drops per ounce of the mixed carrier with good, lasting results. - Deanna
25. My 8 yr old has battled severe excema for most of his life, the best thing that helped him was getting his gut flora back in balance and supplementing omega 3s. Topically, he uses products with calendula oil. - Matt
The choice of the process used in application of Heritage Essential Oils' products is the sole responsibility of the user.
Information and statements regarding Heritage Essential Oils' products have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any health condition or disease.
We do not make any therapeutic claims for any Dietary Supplements in accordance with the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act and FDA regulations.
Heritage Essential Oils and any of its directors, employees, representatives or those involved in blending and bottling the oils will not be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of their products. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, income or profit and claims of third parties. We disclaim any liability if the user uses or prescribes any remedy or essential oil, natural or otherwise, for him/herself or another. Please consult a licensed healthcare professional should a need be indicated.