(Clary Sage (Salvia sclarea), Elemi (Canarium luzonicum), Roman Chamomile (Chamaemelum nobile), Idaho Tansy (Tanecetum vulgare), Birch (Betula lenta) and Ylang Ylang (Cananga odorata)
The following "Indications" and "Application" also apply to true Helichrysum. This blend of oils mimic the chemical composition of true Helichrysum as a possible, more affordable alternative. Our experience is that they are practically identical in aroma and action. Be sure to take a look at the explanation and testimonies below.
Hearing loss, Herpes virus, hypertension, blood clots, liver disorders, circulatory disorders, skin conditions (eczema, psoriasis, scar tissue) and varicose veins. Helichrysum is anti-coagulant, anesthetic, anti-spasmodic, anti-viral, liver protectant, detoxifier and stimulant, chelates chemicals and toxins and regenerates nerves.
Kurt Schnaubelt, Ph.D wrote in The Healing Intelligence of Essential Oils (p. 133) that 1 drop Helichrysum in water will restart liver activity after the crisis of liver.
Application Suggestions (Click here if unfamiliar with Essential Oil Usage):
Topical: Dilute and apply on area of concern, bottoms of feet or as desired. We've used this blend undiluted on hemorraging wounds (as time didn't permit time to dilute) and there was no irritation at all. We've also used undiluted on cotton balls for hearing issues.
Inhalation: Diffuse if desired.
Internal: Helichrysum Blend is suitable for internal use within safe parameters. Click here for more information about internal usage.
The similarities of chemistries between actual Helichrysum and Helichrysum Blend are as follows:
GENERAL CHEMISTRY OF HELICHRYSUM
Esters . . . . . . . .43%
Ketones. . . . . . .20%
Sesquiterpenes . .15%
Monoterpenes . . .12%
Alcohols . . . . . . . 6%
Phenols. . . . . . . . 1%
Oxides . . . . . . . . 1%
Other Compounds. .2%
GENERAL CHEMISTRY OF HELICHRYSUM BLEND
(Equal parts of Clary Sage, Elemi, Roman Chamomile, Idaho Tansy, Wintergreen, and Ylang Ylang)
Esters . . . . . . . . . 41%
Ketones. . . . . . . . .15%
Sesquiterpnes. . . . .14%
Monoterpenes . . . . 16%
Alcohols . . . . . . . . .8%
Phenols. . . . . . . . . 1%
Oxides . . . . . . . . . .1%
Other Compounds. . 4%
The category, "Other Compounds," includes minor amounts (less than 1%) of Aldehydes, Carboxylic Acids, Coumarins, and Ethers.
Many thanks to Dr. David Stewart, PhD, DNM, BCRS for coming up with this blend
1. I took a hard fall on my wrist while visiting some friends. A vein near my palm swelled up and felt pretty painful, but fortunately I didn't fracture any bones. It was several hours before we got back home where I could apply an oil in hopes to reduce the swollen vein. I'd just blended up Helichrysum Blend and had wished for an opportunity to see if it would be as effective as true Helichrysum, so I decided to give it a try first. I dabbed a few drops on the discolored and swollen vein, and within minutes not only did my wrist feel better, but the swelling was almost gone. I re-applied Helichrysum Blend after about 30 minutes, and 30 minutes later, it was hard to tell anything had happened to me. My sore, achy wrist felt almost back to normal as well as a complete reduction in the swelling. The discoloration was gone by morning. I'm pretty impressed! ~ Linda
2. I'd come to "depend" on Circulation for my blood pressure issues and was a bit cautious to agree to try the Circulation with the Helichrysum Blend instead of true Helichrysum despite the savings in dollars, but I decided to try it. I'm sure glad I did; I cannot notice one bit of difference between the two. Thanks Linda for offering not only great products, but wonderful, caring service. ~ O. I.
3. I appreciate that you offered sample sizes of both the blend and true Helichrysum so I could give them both a try. I gave them several tests, and must say that your blend is every bit as effective as the true, expensive Helichrysum. Wow! I'm really impressed and thankful beyond words for your efforts to help so many people and for your willingness to educate us along the way. Bless you! ~ Don
4. I suffered 3 long days from horrible symptoms of vertigo. I couldn't sleep, felt pain, dizziness and so on. My medication just made it worse, so I decided to ask my neighbor about a natural alternative. She consulted your website and then told me to apply Helichrysum Blend oil on a small cotton ball, place it into the ear canal and to sleep with it in my ear. I also applied Frankincense oil around each ear. The next morning I woke up a new person. After three days, I'd finally slept well the whole night. The whole vertigo issue had vanished. I did the treatment one more night just to be sure it was gone for good (not to mention that I love the aroma of Frankincense and the Helichrysum Blend!). It's been over two weeks and not a sign of vertigo as resurfaced.
5. Our son was turning a piece of wood on his lathe and hit a rotten place that "grabbed" the lathe tool and threw his finger into the jagged, turning wood. It tore up the finger, and he came in bleeding profusely. I'd heard that Helichrysum could stop hemorrhaging, but I didn't know if it would sting the wound. I needed to stop the bleeding and get a look at the damage, so I drizzled Helichrysum Blend all over his finger, and thankfully it showed the bone still in place, but amazingly, it also almost totally stopped the bleeding instantly. My son said it didn't sting at all.
6. I had Helichrysum Blend in my birth kit just in case I hemorrhaged during my birth, so when after our baby was delivered the midwife commented that I was bleeding too much, I told her about the Helichrysum Blend. I couldn't remember where to tell her to apply it, so she rubbed in on the bottoms of my feet. The bleeding stopped almost immediately.
7. I had no hearing in my left ear at all. For two months I used Helichrysum Blend in the morning and in the evening. I put the oil on a small cotton ball and put it inside my ear. Sometimes I put Lavender on it as well. I can talk on the phone now and hear like normal.
8. I'm amazed at how the Helichrysum Blend is healing some spots on my arm. I had some assumed pre-cancerous spots frozen/burned off. After they scabbed, I started using diluted Frankincense on them. I didn't notice any significant changes. Yesterday I applied diluted Helichrysum Blend, 2x yesterday and once this morning. The areas are significantly faded, and I kind of have to look to find them. Now that's some healing power in the Helichrysum Blend! I'm kind of anxious for my next boo boo so I can try it again! - Becky H.
9. I had an oversensitive left ear that became more and more bothersome, so nightly I put a drop of Helichrysum Blend on a cotton ball and inserted it into my ear opening. Within weeks, the sensitivity to noise was greatly reduced. I have continued to do this a few nights weekly, and my ears feel about balanced and *normal* for the first time in years. - Linda
10. Heritage Helichrysum Blend has helped with upper respiratory problems and is restoring my hearing. I had repeated ear infections as a child and I have been applying this blend behind my ears for about two months and can tell a noticeable difference. I also make lots of essential oil products and sometimes get irritated skin. (i know I should wear gloves) However, a few drops of heli with a balm or just coconut oil clears up the irritation within 2-3 days. Thank you Heritage! - Amy
11. I just had a very painful flare of Dyshidrotic eczema on my hands--the sores can be quite debilitating. Just as it flared, my order of Heritage's Helichrysum Blend arrived in the mail. A few drops applied several times per day over the past few days has given tremendous relief. - Dell
12. I wanted to let you know the Helichrysum Blend and the Comfrey/Calendula Salve has worked wonders for my scar after hip surgery. I still have a scar, but the top of it is hardly there and the bulk of the scar in the middle is decreasing. So needless to say, I ordered more and I may have to have the other hip done so I will be using this kind of "forever." I use a few drops with the salve and just love it. Thank you for your help. - Caryl
13. I have been greatly helped by using the Helchrysum Blend for my vertigo. I put a drop or two on a small piece of cotton ball and put in my ear opening vernight. This has gotten rid of vertigo that I have with head/sinus congestion. - Heather
14. We rub the Helichrysum Blend behind the ears and down the neck for clogged ears. Works great! - Traci
15. I wanted to give you some feedback that the Helichrysum Blend didn't work as as well as the real-deal Helichrysum single oil for us. It caused mild irritation to the skin when applied and didn't reduce inflammation for us. I think we will stick with the Helichrysum single oil, even though it's kinda pricey. - Karan
16. I read that Helichrysum Blend may help with hearing loss. I have slight hearing loss - nothing major. It is probably just the effects of getting a little older (I will be 49 in two months). I thought I would try the Helichrysum Blend to see if it might help. I first used it with almond oil on my hands to see if it would help with my dry skin. After rubbing it into my hands, I just rubbed behind my ears. I didn't add any additional oil. Shortly after doing this, my left ear started to feel a little stopped up, and then I had a constant ringing in my ear. Later that evening, I still had ringing and applied just a little more oil behind both ears. At this time the ringing increased in volume and continued all through the night. By the middle of the next day, the ringing had stopped. Now I am a little nervous to try the Helichrysum blend again. I don't want the ringing to be a permanent condition. Have you ever heard of this happening to anyone else when using the Helichrysum Blend? - Joy
UPDATE: Thank you for your reply and for your prayers! I wanted to give you an update on my ears. I did not apply any more HB since that first day and have not had any more ringing in my ear. Today I cleaned out my left ear (the one that had the ringing) with a Q-tip. It had more wax than I have ever seen in my ear, including a small clump of wax that all came out easily. I then tested my ears by rubbing my thumb and pointer finger together behind each ear. When I did this test before, I could not hear as well out of my left ear as my right ear. After removing the wax, I could hear the same from both ears. WOW! I guess the HB must have brought out the wax that was inside my ear and thus cleared my hearing. I don't know why it caused the ringing in my ear, but, thankfully, it was not permanent and the HB cleared my ear and allowed me to hear better. Success! =) Thank you God!! - Joy
17. In reference to the testimony above (#16), I purchased Helichrysum Blend for my 17-year-old daughter who suffers from conductive hearing loss (the bones of her middle ear have stopped vibrating for no apparent reason). It was a "let's just give this a try" kind of effort. She also noticed that her ears felt stopped up with the application of the blend. She discontinued it when that happened, as she worried she was making the problems worse. I on the other hand, have tried the blend on the vitaflex point on my feet and noticed that it did help with the stopped up feeling I have in my ears from my sinus condition. - Tammy
Heritage Essential Oil blends with Helichrysum Blend:
Blood Clot Aid
Itchy Rash Spray
Regeneration for Bones and Joints
Tender Tissue Spray
Avoid eye contact. In case of accidental contact, put a few drops of any pure vegetable oil in the eye. Water will not adequately dilute the oil. We’ve never known this to cause permanent injury or long-term discomfort, but if you feel concerned, please call your doctor if necessary.