France, wild crafted
Steam distilled from flowering tops
Actual Key Constituents:
Linalyl acetate 31.29%
Lavandulyl acetate 3.81%
Lavender is considered the most versatile of all essential oils. It is one of the preferred oils for winding down before bedtime, yet has the balancing properties that make it just as beneficial for boosting stamina and energy. Therapeutic-grade lavender is highly regarded for skin care. It may be used to cleanse cuts, bruises and skin irritations. The French scientist Rene Gattefosse was the first to discover these properties when he severely burned his hands in a laboratory explosion. Using lavender oil, he noticed a remarkable healing soon afterward.
Lavender essential oil is antiseptic, analgesic, antitumoral, anticonvulsant, sedative, anti-inflammatory. Lavender is beneficial for cleansing cuts and wounds and is ideal for skin care, since it prevents the build up of excess sebum, a skin oil that bacteria feed on. Lavender has also been clinically evaluated for its relaxing effects. High-grade Lavender essential oil (Heritage Essential Oil’s Lavender is wild crafted and has the highest rating possible for essential oils) is known to be very effective to treat burns
(cell renewal), sunburns
(including lips), dandruff, hair loss, allergies, convulsions, herpes, headaches, indigestion, insomnia, high blood pressure, menopausal conditions, nausea, phlebitis, tumors, premenstrual conditions, scarring
(minimizes), skin conditions (acne, dermatitis, eczema, psoriasis
, and rashes
) and stretch marks
. It may be used to cleanse cuts, bruises, and skin irritations. It is a natural anti-histamine.
Lavender is a universal oil with many different applications. It may help arthritis, asthma, bronchitis, convulsions, depression, earaches, heart palpitations, high blood pressure, hives (urticaria), insect bites, laryngitis, nervous tension, respiratory infections, rheumatism
, and throat infections
Is Lavender contraindicated for those on digitalis
? We've never seen this mentioned as a contraindication or even a caution. Those who have studied aromatherapy and worked with the oils and elderly on these medications concur that this is not something they've encountered to be an issue or concern.
In vitro study, Lavender oil inhibited the growth of MCF-7 cells (Zu et al 2010) suggesting that, while it may bind to estrogen receptor sites in the body, it is not an estrogen mimic, and so does not promote estrogen.
Application Suggestions (Click here if unfamiliar with Essential Oil Usage):
Dilute and apply on area of concern, bottoms of feet or as desired. Has been used on the face to alleviate symptoms caused by exposure to poison ivy
and in open wounds
. Safe for use on small children.
Lavender is suitable for internal use within safe parameters. We feel that internal use is rarely *needed* and should be used with respect for how concentrated the oils are. Click here for information about internal usage.
Lavender Is classified by the FDA as a food additive and generally regarded as safe to be taken as a dietary supplement.
True Lavender is often "extended" with hybrid lavender or synthetic linaloool and linalyl acetate. It is very important to be sure you only use a high quality, true Lavender (Lavandula Angustifolia) on burns and wounds.
Approximately 118 MHz
The June 2012 issue of the Journal of the American Geriatrics Society
reported the effect of Lavender oil on a group of 145 nursing home residents in Japan. The results of the 12-month trial indicate that those exposed to “continuous olfactory stimulation from a lavender patch” had fewer falls
(26 vs. 36) and reported a lesser degree of agitation
. Another study from 2012 reports "evidence" that Lavender oil inhalation promotes relaxation by decreasing blood pressure, heart rate
and skin temperature and caused the subject to feel “more active
” and “fresher
”. Desirable changes in brain wave patterns were also noted, including increased alpha and theta wave activity. In another study, after 12 weeks of inhaling Lavender for 20 minutes, midlife women participants showed improvement in the quality of their sleep
, with results lasting up to a week after the trail ended.
Links to the Reports
Fall Prevention Using Olfactory Stimulation with Lavender Essential with Elderly
The Effects of Lavender Essential Oil Inhalation on Emotional States
The Effects of Lavender Essential Oil Inhalation for Insomnia
The Effect of Inhalation of Aromatherapy Blend containing Lavender Essential Oil on Cesarean Postoperative Pain
, NCBI article by Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine
1. I used Young Living Lavender for years before trying some of Heritage’s Lavender. In my opinion, yours is a far superior oil. Ear issues
that would not resolve using YL Lavender, resolved once we switched to yours. – W.H.
2. I am amazed at this oil. It can be poured into a open wound
without causing any pain. I had an accident that ripped off my toenail, and used HEOs Lavender on it as often as I could. I was wearing a shoe after one day, and after five days my toenail had almost completely grown back. I never had one inkling of infection. – B.S.
3. I have been using Lavender for my allergies
, and as a side bonus, it is helping me with my depression
issues. A friend of mine started to have an allergy attack, and I told her to rub it on her chest. Her coughing stopped right away. She didn’t cough again the entire night!
4. I’ve used Heritage Lavender internally to control my high blood pressure
. – M.L.
5. My daughter has been doing a lot of scuba diving and got an outer ear infection
. She had Lavender with her (Praise the Lord!), and it had done the job well! She was in so much pain, and her EMT roommate said she could see puss. We put her on an active regimen of essential oils - especially the Lavender. Her ears cleared up! NOTE: Never put essential oils in the ear canal. Our daughter put the oil on the area outside the ear canal (the area you can see) and on the ear lobe. - M.E.K.
6. Lavender oil is my new best friend! I have used it on myself for skin blemishes
by directly putting the oil on the blemish, and it never gets big or becomes a full-on pimple - ever! I've used it on my temples and the back of my neck for headaches
and around the outside of my ears for earaches
. I even rubbed it on my teething 10 month old's gums when teething
. It worked wonders!
7. My son burned his hand
on a cast iron skillet this morning. It was not terribly burnt, so I applied Lavender essential oil on him to hopefully ease the pain and stop the screaming. Within minutes of a healthy coating of Lavender, he was snapping his fingers and smiling! I LOVE essential oils! - Joy S.
8. A lady who attends church with us talked to me about your products as I have allergies and chronic ear issues that have caused severe hearing loss. We talked about using Lavender for allergies, and she convinced me to give it a try. When my order arrived, the first thing I did was try the Lavender (a drop under the tongue) as she had suggested. I took ½ the allergy meds that I normally take, and in the last 12 hours I have had no reaction to the blooming weeds
around the farm where we live. The next day, we started mixing a drop with a teaspoon of local honey (the honey we use actually comes from a keeper that places mobile hives on the farm where we live). I have gone from taking 6 to 8 doses a day of Benadryl to one dose in the morning. We thought we were all suffering from colds, cough, runny nose, sneezing
. After one dose of Lavender , all four of us (my wife, son, daughter and myself) sat there last night at dinner and remarked that it must have been severe allergies and that it felt nice to have those symptoms relieved. - John B.
9. I want to thank you for your ministry. :-) I am really enjoying learning from you and we are seeing some neat stuff from the oils. Our favorite these days is Lavender! I think I could buy it by the bucket full. I put it on pillows to help the kids get right to sleep
, it has stopped a couple nosebleeds
INSTANTLY (that still blows my mind!) and it has been helping a good friend of ours with his allergies
9. My 7-year-old had 3 canker sores
, two on the corner of her mouth that didn't allow her to open her mouth very wide and one that started to form on the bottom near her two front teeth. The sores were so painful she was having trouble eating and sometimes drinking. I put Lavender in an eye dropper and put a few drops on each sore after each meal (3 times a day). She'd keep the oil in her mouth as long as she could stand it then spit it out and rinse. I was amazed at how quickly it has helped because so far, we hadn't been able to find anything to help with these sores. Typically her canker sores last two weeks or more, but within 3 days she was able to open her mouth. In 4 days, she looked significantly less swollen. We had been using some antiseptic liquid that made my daughter scream and cry anytime we even talked about it. When we started trying the Lavender oil, she didn't protest at all and even talked about how much better it was. The medicine trauma completely went away! - Bethany
10. I have used Lavender for years to soothe monthly cramps
with great success, so when I went into premature labor
with contractions and bleeding at 16 weeks, I immediately reached for my Lavender. I mixed a few drops of Lavender in about a teaspoon of virgin coconut oil and applied it directly on my abdomen and prayed for the Lord to use His oil to stop the contractions. The first application seemed to have no effect, so after an hour, I did it again, and the bleeding and contractions slowed way down. I kept doing it through the day and a few times in the night. Within 24 hours the bleeding and contractions had completely stopped. I continued using Lavender on my belly morning and evening. Not only was this soothing and relaxing for me, my OB was still very concerned about a premature birth. Many prayers were said on my behalf and I was careful to hang out on the couch or recliner for about a month, but I never had another problem with premature labor or bleeding. Our sweet little daughter was born right on time, and she's the calmest baby I've had yet. I have to wonder if all that Lavender had some calming affect on her as well as me. Another bonus to my daily massages with this and the coconut oil is that I can't find a single stretch mark.
11. For a nosebleed
, put Lavender on your finger and put it on the side of the nose that's bleeding (on the outside). I am not kidding you that almost as soon as you touch it, it just stops!! - Kelley
12. I have children that have constant nose bleeds
, and they clot and end much more quickly with Lavender. I put a few drops of Lavender on the end of a facecloth, and put it at the end of their nose and swab. It clots very quickly. I also use Lavender for cuts, like with a paring knife, it really does clot the blood. It's a gem at our house; I use it for many, many things.
13. I had burning eyes, itchy roof of mouth
and persistent sneezing due to allergies
, and on drop of Lavender on my tongue stopped all symptoms almost immediately, not to return. Great stuff! - L.L.
14. While sleeping, a spider
bit me 3 times on the left side of my face. The entire left side of my face was swollen and itching
, so I applied Lavender oil as soon as I got it. Within an hour, the itching had stopped. Then I applied both the Lavender and Basil, and I was so much better by the end of the day. Within 3 days the bites were almost gone, and today you can’t even tell the bites were there. About 8 years ago I was in my garden and a spider bit me on my face. I went to the doctor 3 times, and the doctor had no solution but to give me a drug that was for leprosy that she thought might work for spider bites, of which I did not take. It took WEEKS for the bite to clear up and left a scar. Your oils are such a blessing to me! - Debby
15. My 15-year-old daughter was cooking an egg in the microwave, and it exploded in her face
. She had 1st, 2nd and 3rd degree burns. Her nose and left cheek were the most severe.
She is very blessed it did not blind her - God really protected her. I initially used Lavender, coconut oil and aloe vera, and then we added raw honey to the treatment and rotated these every hour. We also used your Comfrey/Calendula salve
and have continued to use it. The doctor prescribed a silver ointment, but we wanted to avoid that. He also recommended a plastic surgeon with the possibility of a skin graft. When we saw the plastic surgeon, he was amazed at how well it was already healing. Two days later her face looked amazing! Her plastic surgeon was shocked. He was very skeptical of what were were using on it, but he cannot argue with the results! It does not look like she will need a skin graft or any further medical treatment! Praise God! UPDATE: Her face has no scars at all. I am so thankful to God for His mercy and for leading us to your site! Thanks again, Robin
16. Praise the Lord! I have always been surprised at how quickly Lavender works! My four year old spilled hot tea on himself and had second degree burns.
I immediately rinsed him off and applied Lavender. His burns cleared right up; he doesn't even have scars. - Rachel
17. I used Lavender on a patch of ringworm
on my 4-month-olds face and it cleared in 2 days. Yay! - Julie
18. This week has been very crazy and stressful. Mom's service dog
, Shelley, was very worried about Mom to the point that she vomited
Tuesday afternoon. Wednesday after Mom left via ambulance, the poor dog was very freaked out
. I sent an e-mail to my church asking prayer and updating about my mom's health condition, and I asked prayer for Shelley (the dog), too. In answer to prayer, the Lord immediately brought to mind to put a drop of your Lavender on the top of her head. She immediately started to calm down
, and her breathing returned to normal. After a short time she was still a little antsy, so I put another drop on her head, petted her, spoke words of comfort and blessing to her, and she calmed down the rest of the way. To God be the glory. - Crystal
19. My mom puts two drops of Lavender under her tongue in the morning. It has worked great for her allergies
. - Reesa
20. My son has frequent nose bleeds
. I remember reading somewhere that Lavender EO helps stop nose bleeds. The past couple of times his nose started bleeding, I rubbed a little lavender EO on the sides of his nose, and it literally stopped the bleeding within about a minute or so. LOVE that!!! Amazing! - Jennifer D.
21. I use Lavender and Respiratory Relief
for my baby's allergies
. I have put a drop on my finger and put it at the roof of their mouth. It does give them relief. I also have done it on the toes of their feet, chest, back and nose. We were out at a camp out, and my adult friend was having an allergy flare up. She put a drop of Respiratory Relief under her nose, and she felt worlds better. Her nose wasn't even red anymore. I think she was amazed. She had been very miserable. - Staci G.
22. I want to tell you about something else wonderful. Since I was a child, every 3 years or so I have had to have my ears irrigated
, which was a major issue because the wax is so hard
. Last time I had it done, about 5 years ago, the nurse told me: "No wonder you have trouble. The tubes in your ears are at angles instead of curves." All this time I thought I was normal! I finally got so much pressure and couldn't hear at all and knew I had to make an appointment. I had been taking drops of Lavender under my tongue when the Timothy is in pollen. When I lived in Canada, I rode on the front of the swather inhaling all the pollen and have been highly allergic to it ever since. Just inhaling a whiff of Lavender made me oblivious to it. The day I was to make my appointment, I was impressed to use my husband's little rubber bulb which he fills with water to clean his ears. I couldn't believe what happened. Each ear produced a plug of wax as big and hard as my son's ear plugs he buys to cut the noise so he can sleep! It has to be the Lavender! I am so thankful for the divine wisdom you share with us in making these oils available, and to our Creator Who knows how to maintain us if we listen. - Kathie T.
23. We have been applying Lavender after almost every swim. Massage on the exterior front and back of the ear. All three of mine children had swimmer's ear
bad/frequently last year from swimming almost every day. This year they've been swimming about as much, but they've not had even a hint of swimmers ear. When I've used it for earaches, I can feel the pain/pressure dropping. - Rita R.
24. I had a musty smell
in my room, so I used a few drops of Lavender oil in water and sprayed it all around the room and the pillows. Now it smells great. I love to walk in the room with no musty smell. I also spray to avoid mosquitoes
that sometimes sneak in, and I apply it on my skin to keep bugs away
. It’s awesome stuff. Happy camper! - Nora
25. Lavender neat on the outside of my nose helped with one of the worst nosebleeds I'd ever had. I used to get a heavy nosebleed every 1-2 months from my left nostril and since applying the Lavender one time during what I considered to be the "big one" I haven't had one since (4 months). I can't be sure, but I feel it shrank that vessel that was giving me problems. - Melanie
26. Thank you for previous suggestion on using Lavender for nosebleeds. Since your recommendation, I have used it on my son 3 times, and it has stopped the nosebleed almost immediately. What a blessing! - Jessica
27. My daughter called tonight and told me that she had grabbed a hot pot (right out of the stove), and her finger was burned. She told me she couldn't straighten her finger all the way, and she couldn't bend it all the way. She wanted to know what she should do for it. I told her I would be right over. I started praying, and I grabbed my Lavender oil, raw honey, aloe vera juice and shea butter and went to her house. When I got there I wet her finger very generously with the Lavender oil. Within a few minutes, she was out of pain, could bend and straighten her finger and went about her business of cleaning the kitchen (while I played with my grandbabies and helped get her babies ready for bed). I never even used the other things I brought to her. I told her to apply Lavender before bed and maybe coat with honey to hold it in and help heal it. She was pretty amazed. I did the same thing for my husband recently when he burned his finger on hot metal fresh out of the fire. I did use the aloe and shea butter on him too, but now I know I probably didn't need to. Praise God for these oils, and thank you Linda for your work. - Cammy
28. When my baby dumped a freshly poured cup of HOT coffee on himself, we rinsed him off under cold water and applied Lavender to his whole body. Within an hour he didn't even have a pinkness to his skin anymore. I used it undiluted because it was the fastest I had available and he was crying so hard. I just put a few drops in my hand and started applying to his arms and chest, adding more as needed. He was a bit relaxed from all the lavender though! - Sheri
29. Lavender testimony! Indoor air quality in our moldy house has been really bad the last week. I'm sitting here and am just about driven crazy with the itching eyes and nose that come with my allergy to mold spores. I put a drop of my ever faithful Lavender oil under my tongue, and within about 10 minutes the itching eyes and nose are much better. I love my Lavender oil! - Tammy
30. I put a drop of Lavender oil in my liquid concealer that I use for dark circles under my eyes. It works well until mid afternoon. I guess the lavender wears off. - Tammy
31. I love Lavender for burns. I burned the back of my hand on the hot oven door today, and whild it wasn't a terrible burn, it did hurt badly. Lavender to the rescue and no more pain! - Tammy
32. I had a 2nd degree burn not to long ago and used Lavender. I had no pain. It stays in my kitchen! - Teresa
33. We have been using Lavender on our toddler before bed. He was waking daily and fighting us from six am, whining all morning. He now is sleeping until seven or eight and is a bit sunnier. Lavender is also relent for first aid and bruises. Peppermint is a great pick me up and is excellent for pain, headaches, congestion,or for stomach issues. I think every house should have those. - Connie
34. Lavender testimony! Indoor air quality in our moldy house has been really bad the last week. I'm sitting here and am just about driven crazy with the itching eyes and nose that come with my allergy to mold spores. I put a drop of my ever faithful lavender oil under my tongue and within about 10 minutes the itching eyes and nose are much better. I love my lavender oil! - Tammy
35. I am so thankful for the information contributed to the HEO community through testimonies. When I was newly pregnant, I read about Lavender helping a woman with preterm contractions and bleeding. She recommended mixing a couple of teaspoons of coconut oil with a couple of drops of Lavender. When I started experiencing similar symptoms, I followed this recommendation with some help, but not complete resolution. As I was praying about it (really pleading for the life of my unborn child!), the Lord graciously brought to mind that I'd read that some women apply the oils to help their monthly cramps to the insides of their ankles. So I began applying the Lavender to my ankles as well as my abdomen. I experienced instant relief from my preterm pains, and I'm now applying it 1-2 times a day or more as needed with what I feel are good results. Thank you so much Linda for making this site available as a resource to us, and thank you to everyone who contributes by sharing your testimonies! - Adrienne
36. Lavender worked great for us as an alternative to Benadryl when my daughter had hives. I use coconut oil as a carrier oil just because i prefer thicker consistency. I am guessing any carrier oil would work. I didn't measure exactly the dilution ratio - maybe 10 drops per Tbsp? I put couple tablespoons of coconut oil and some lavender oil in a small glass jar and just kept re-applying when my daughter started getting itchy again. It was amazing to see how fast the itching stopped and the hives disappeared. My daughter is 3, and I think her hives were a reaction to a virus - she battled it twice in the past year - Alexandra
37. I have indoor/outdoor allergies, this time of season is the worse. Over the past 25 years I have been dealing with a cough and take antihistamines 2x daily. I was looking at Lavender, which I have yours, and I tried an experiment. I delayed taking my pill and put Lavender on my chest and throat and within 5 minutes the cough had STOPPED! Needless to say I smell like a field of Lavender:) I am hoping that I won't have to take so many pills for allergies. I will keep you posted but just had to tell you. - Caryl
Heritage Essential Oil blends with Lavender:
Dr. Hull's Sleep
Face Nourishment: Soothing
Face Nourishment: Wrinkle Ease
Itchy Rash Spray
Staph B Gone
Tender Tissue Spray
Avoid eye contact. In case of accidental contact, put a few drops of any pure vegetable oil in the eye. Water will not adequately dilute the oil. We’ve never known this to cause permanent injury or long-term discomfort, but if you feel concerned, please call your doctor if necessary.