Ravintsara (Cinnamomum camphora), Eucalyptus Radiata (Eucalyptus radiata), Peppermint (Mentha piperita), Birch (Betula lenta), Lemon (Citrus limonum)
This combination of oils gives strength in fighting respiratory disease and infections, and may help alleviate symptoms of tuberculosis, asthma, and pneumonia.
Lung Healing and Respiratory Relief are "cousins." Many use Lung Healing for viral issues and Respiratory Relief for bacteria, mucus, fungus issues.
Application Suggestions (Click here if unfamiliar with Essential Oil Usage)
Topical: Dilute and apply on chest, back and Vita Flex points on the feet. Application on the inner thighs catches the blood flow to the lungs.
Internal: Lung Healing blend is suitable for internal use within safe parameters. Click here for information about internal usage.
Some put a drop of Lung Healing on/under the tongue to settle a cough.
Use in a suppository with massage oil and retain. The fastest path to the lungs is through the colon. With this method, the benefits go directly to the lungs in seconds. Typically, we put 3 drops in a capsule (size 0 or 00) and add carrier oil (Castor oil is very thick and lubricating, which works very well) to fill. The "perfect" ratio is said to be 1:10 (1 drop essential oil to 10 drops carrier oil). If you do this for a child, try it first on yourself to be sure you have the dilution correct so that it's not uncomfortable. If diluted properly, it should not sting. For ease of filling a capsule, many prefer to use a pipette. We have glass pipettes and plastic available.
Suppository Use Information:
Pneumonia, chronic bronchitis and lung congestion respond very quickly to essential oils when delivered by suppositories. The essential oils bypass the liver and are fed directly into the heart-lung circulatory system. Thus, they reach the lower bronchial capillaries in their original lipophilic and volatile state, still capable of eliminating pathogenic microorganisms and dissolving and expectorating mucus. If helpful, a suppository can be used every 1-2 hours as needed. A quick way to accomplish a suppository is to put 1-3 drops of Lung Healing blend, Rosemary ct. verbenone, Myrtle or another mild oil of choice into an empty capsule and fill the rest full with a carrier oil such as Olive or Castor oil. Lubricate the capsule liberally and insert. Lie down or recline for about 30 minutes as the essential oils dissolve the capsule and move into the lungs. Always test your application on yourself before you apply to your child. Adjust the dilution if needed.
Some report that a single drop on/under the tongue and held to the roof of mouth while inhaling deeply has alleviated the need for inhalers for asthma and bronchitis issues. This has helped persistent coughs and allergy symptoms as well.
Frequency: Approximately 70 MHz.
1. My father battled respiratory issues the last few years of his life. My friend suggested that I try Lung Healing, and no drug the doctors prescribed ever came close to having such a rapid affect on his breathing as did Lung Healing. Once the doctors sent him home to die with pneumonia – they said there was nothing else they could do for him. I brought him home and decided to try the suppository, and it worked. The doctors were amazed and could not believe that he pulled out of it. — F.C.
2. I used Lung Healing when my newborn got a bad respiratory infection. I even used the suppository on her – just be sure to dilute it with an oil like olive, coconut or jojoba. — L.S.
3. After receiving your latest email, I found an herb capsule, dumped the contents out and put in Lung Healing plus the carrier as suggested. Honestly, I think I feel better already - is it all in my head? :-D S.W.
4. My 15-year-old son with Down Syndrome, has for the past 14 years had to go to the hospital for pneumonia anytime between February and May. Sometimes more than once. This was the first year with NO pneumonia, and so far it has been 15 months with no hospital stays. The only thing different this year has been that we've used Lung Healing and Respiratory Relief. We applied it topically to his chest nightly with jojoba oil and diffused it in his room while sleeping. Thank you. - J.H.
5. I have been using the Lung Healing on my little one, rubbing it on her chest, back and the bottoms of her feet. ("Tickle feet!" she says!) She was very congested when I tried it and having a lot of trouble breathing through her nose as well as the coughing from the bronchial asthma. I could tell a difference in her breathing almost immediately. The oils are amazing. Truly a gift from the Lord! - S.W.
6. We have asthma issues in our family. We use Lavender to control allergies, Respiratory Relief for flare ups and then the big gun Lung Healing for actual attacks. My son's 02 was *92* on the pulse oximeter (hospital-bound numbers for us) and within a half hour of Lung Healing in a suppository, he was back up to 99. (For the suppository we used 3 drops Lung Healing EO in a capsule and filled the rest of the capsule with a carrier oil) - T.T
7. I discovered that Lung Healing helped with my older daughter's coughing. She had a fever since last Wednesday night, and we found out on Friday that she has pneumonia. She's had lots of pain in her chest and is coughing and vomiting. I remembered the sample of Lung Healing and thought to give it a shot. It immediately helped her stop coughing. I put it on her chest, back and feet. I was pretty surprised. I tried it twice and it worked, but I ran out of the sample ;-/. I Love learning about these oils. - Sheri O.
8. I have a 5 year old that has been waking up every morning sneezing and coughing and extremely congested for over a year. I took dairy out of his diet and that helped for a while. When that stopped working, I wasn't too keen on going through the entire restricted diet regimen to pinpoint the culprit and it dawned on me that I could just try diffusing some oils. I bought a few oils figuring I would alternate them to determine what would work best. The first one I tried was Nasal Rescue, and the next morning he didn't have any congestion (despite my cheapo old pad diffuser). So, I just kept using it until it was gone. Then I put Lung Healing in it and again, no issues in the morning. I have also tried Respiratory Relief with the same result. So . .. while I don't have an answer to the why of his congestion - you have given me resolution. He now asks for his diffuser to be beside him every night. God has truly blessed us through you - and I was thinking, that as you provide relief through the oils, you are ministering by equipping saints to be able to work for His Kingdom. - Kristin
9. I have been sick and ended up with a cough that would not go away. A friend of mine suggested that I try putting a drop of Lung Healing under my tongue to see if it would help. I had already been using Respiratory Relief on my chest and diffusing Lung Healing at night. I put one drop of Lung Healing under my tongue, and instantly I could feel a difference in my throat! My throat/bronchial tube felt healed. No irritation at all. So now when I feel a little irritation in my throat, I just put a drop under my tongue and it goes away. Thank you so much for all your help with the oils. - Nina
10. I wanted to let you know that twice today my son was having difficulties with asthma-type symptoms, and I put a drop of Lung Healing on his tongue. Both times it stopped the symptoms. Thank you so very much for sharing this piece of information with me. We are still praying for wisdom to discern what is causing these issues but we are so very thankful to the Lord for a way to help him when he is having a hard time. - RaShell
11. I was visiting friends (who are doctors who use your oils) when I had a coughing attack. They had me use the Lung Healing essential oil blend, and I felt an immediate calming and relief. - Deborah P.
12. My lung congestion was worsening so I decided to try Lung Healing as a suppository. I can't say enough for how well the suppository works. Wow! does it ever! I did the suppository every hour on the hour yesterday, and I am continuing today every two hours. I cannot believe how it cut the congestion. I am not coughing as much, and I feel so much better. Praise the Lord! I appreciate all of your help and prayers. My bronchitis usually will last 3 months or so of coughing in the past, and I end up with costochondritis. I'm so glad for this knowledge. Blessings - Jan
13. After reading that the Lung Healing and Plague Defense helps with chronic coughing, I used it when my cough came on. This is a bad cough I get after an allergy attack or a cold where I cough so much that I vomit, and I can't sleep more than 15 minutes at a time. I haven't found anything that helps it go away completely, but using Lung Healing under the tongue and Plague Defense on the roof of the mouth (I put some on my thumb and then put thumb to the roof of my mouth), it has helped enormously. The coughing attacks were only about a minute long and with no vomiting. Thanks for the advice. - Tami
14. We use Lung healing for congestion - it works amazingly fast! - Karen
15. A dear friend of ours has been hospitalized for the last 2 1/2 weeks and developed horrible lung congestion and a cough. I took them some Lung Healing, and they used it on his feet. In two-three days he was clear. Such a blessing, as he had had brain surgery, and the coughing was horribly painful. I put 10 drops in a tablespoon of carrier oil for him. - Lana
16. My 80-year-young father has weakened lungs and is very susceptible to getting colds, which goes straight to his lungs and can easily develop into pneumonia if my mom doesn't get him on antibiotics right away. He had a major pancreatic surgery a few years ago and no longer has a spleen. By the grace of God, he's doing very well, but they say without his spleen, he's much more susceptible to getting colds and flus. I saw that you have some oils for the lungs and pneumonia, so I purchased Respiratory Relief, Lung Healing, Plague Defense and Warrior for him 9 months ago. My mom credits these oils for saving my dad. He has had the least amount of lung infections and colds, and even if one came on, it would disappear before getting deep into his lungs like it used too! He uses Lung Healing and Respiratory Relief on his chest nightly and Plague Defense and Warrior on bottoms of feet when fighting a cold. It's been so liberating for my dad, who loves to be around his grandchildren, but kept on getting sick in the past and therefore, could not spend as much time with them as he would have liked! Thanks so much!! Lisa R.
17. I have used Lung Healing for about a year now to combat a vicious cycle of chronic bronchitis, severe allergies and asthma. I've had these issues since the early 90's and several times a year would get a cough that just wouldn't go away. A year ago I diffused Respiratory Relief for about 2 months and started the Lung Healing (a drop or two on/under the tongue and inhale deeply) in lieu of an inhaler. Whenever I feel my allergies try to rear their ugly head or a cough tries to latch hold, I use the Lung Healing every hour until the problem subsides. I have used it as a suppository and feel it definitely has benefits, however, a drop on the tongue is how it is working for me. - Sherri P.
18. A bonus side effect of Lung Healing used topically... it reduces moles and freckles over time. My wife used it for several months. It really helped her breathing at night during the winter, and the moles and freckles just faded. - Mitch H.
19. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Heritage Essential Oils and don't really order YL anymore. My favorite is Lung Healing. I love the smell of it and it works great for my son's asthma issues! I am slowly getting a cabinet full of Heritage Oils! - Julie
20. My dad has COPD and has suffered for so many years. I have prayed and prayed for something to help him not suffer so much. I found your site and ordered the Lung Healing, Respiratory Relief, Peppermint oil. After I applied the oils he said he hasn't breathed this well in a long time. - Jaime
21. I have a friend who has severe asthma. He asked me if there was anything that might help him. I read that Clary Sage is a broncho dialator, so I let him sniff the uncapped bottle, and it helped immediately. He bought Lung Healing and asked me to make him and others in his family Clary Sage inhalers, and he says he has not used his rescue inhalers since starting with the oils. Previously he was using the Rx steroids inhalers multiple times a day. He started out using the Lung Healing a time or two a day and the Clary Sage inhalers as needed. Now he doesn't have to use either of them often. - Patty N.
22. I have been using Lung Healing topically and under the tongue for over a week, but wasn't getting much relief for the congestion I have been having. Yesterday I added a couple of drops to a pot of hot water and sat inhaling it under a blanket for several minutes. This morning my lungs feel clear and I my head also feels cleared of the upper sinus congestion. Next time I'll start with the steam! - Anita
23. Lung Healing works very well when rubbed on the inner thighs! I felt some light chest congestion last night, and once I applied this way, it had cleared up within minutes. - Kate
24. I have found great success in using Respiratory Relief and Lung Healing on our 8th month old in healing respiratory congestion. I am thankful to God. - April
25. My son was home sick for 3 days last week with an ear infection. That has cleared up, but they always seem to lead into congestion and cough for him. This is how tonight just went down: 3am: he wakes up coughing uncontrollably, crying. 3:05: I apply Lung Healing (to his chest, back and inner thighs) 3:15: All coughing subsided, he's asleep. For all the sleepless, croupy nights we have had in the past 11 years...this is simply amazing. I will never again be without this oil blend. -- Susan
26. We are amazed at how well Lung Healing works. I think it smells like Christmas or peppermint and white chocolate.. or heaven. something like that! - Candice
27. Lung Healing is my favorite blend for our son's asthma. Sometimes when he needs a little extra we add Frankincense. I am always amazed how fast it works!! - Julie
28. I have used Lung Healing EXTENSIVELY while pregnant!! I haven't had a single problem. Lung healing is our "go to" blend for congestion/coughing/diffusing during colds--for the entire family. Lung Healing was the only thing that gave me relief from coughing this pregnancy--I put a drop either on my tongue at bedtime or put it on the roof of my mouth with a clean finger. LOVE Lung Healing!! - Christy
29. We have been so grateful to discover that Lung Healing clears up my 4 year old grandson's asthma. My daughter keeps a bottle with them at all times. Recently, little Micah said, "Mama, why do they put my Lung Healing in a PINK bottle? Don't they know I'm a BOY?" (Thought you'd like that, Linda!) - Cynthia
30. I just received the Lung Healing essential oil today. I ordered it for my grandfather who is suffering from aspiration pneumonia. I've only used it on him for a few hours (since around 2 this afternoon and now it's about 9:20), and I believe that tonight will be one of the first nights he gets some sleep and, therefore, some much needed rest. His time between coughs keeps getting longer and longer. And the coughs are less and less severe. He is breathing deeper. If you knew how severe this pneumonia was a few days ago, you wouldn't believe this is the same man. I am in awe. First of all, I am writing to say thank you. I know it may seem premature, but this is the best he's been in three weeks when he had a severe stroke. I shouldn't be surprised because I know what essential oils can do, but to see them work so instantly is amazing, and I just had to reach out and let you know and thank you. - Windy
31. LUNG HEALING!!! I will never run out of that stuff...ever!!! Beats anything! (Can you tell we like our lung healing?!!) - Hollend
32. I have a chest cold right now (going on day 4). Yesterday I tried using one drop of Lung Healing sublingually and holding it there as long as possible without swallowing. Shortly after, I coughed up a lot of phlegm and felt a lot more relief than with any previous methods I tried. - Sally
33. The Lung Healing blend has been an everyday blessing for me. I do not have to take my allergy meds anymore, and I only take 1/4 of my asthma meds now. - Joy
34. I like to diffuse Lung Healing while putting Respiratory Relief on topically. I have 3 boys w/ special needs, and they all deal with different respiratory issues. One used to have up to 4 breathing treatments a day along with an oral steroid. I started using the 2 oils hand-in-hand, and saw such a huge difference in my son that I got his doc to approve weaning him off his breathing treatments an oral steroids. He's been off for 3 years now and has no issues. (yay!) Top Gun is for fighting bacterial infections and Warrior is more of what you want if you want something that will work like an anti-biotic. I've personally only have had to use Warrior once. Typically, just with using Plague Defense, I've not had anything get me sick. The one time I used Warrior was when I was visiting an Eastern European country and I had gotten sick. I used it in conjunction with my PD. We were there to adopt, and I didn't want my new son to get sick. It boosted my immune system like crazy, and with in two days I had no more symptoms whatsoever. Awesome stuff! - Alysha
Avoid eye contact. In case of accidental contact, put a few drops of any pure vegetable oil in the eye. Water will not adequately dilute the oil. We’ve never known this to cause permanent injury or long-term discomfort, but if you feel concerned, please call your doctor if necessary.