Shingles B Gone
Ravensara (Ravensara aromatica), Geranium Rose (Pelargonium roseum), Tamanu oil (Calophyllum inophyllum)
Shingles / Herpes Zoster
Shingles is an acute, painful inflammation of the nerve cell bodies with skin eruptions. It is caused by the same virus as chicken pox (herpes zoster). The initial infection with varicella zoster virus causes the acute, short-lived illness we call chickenpox, but once an episode of chickenpox is resolved, the virus is not eliminated from the body, but lies dormant in sensory (skin) nerves. If the immune system is compromised (from things including emotional stress, illness or long-term use of corticosteroids), the dormant viruses may start to infect the pathway of the skin nerves, which is called shingles, and happens ofttimes many years after the initial infection.
The earliest symptoms of shingles often include headache, fever, malaise and at times, intestinal upset, and are followed by sensations of burning pain, itching, oversensitivity and a “pins and needles” tingling, pricking or numbness. The pain can be mild to extreme. This initial phase (generally 1-2 days, but sometimes as long as 3 weeks) is followed by a painful skin rash of blisters that erupt along the nerve pathway, which is commonly on the torso, but can appear on the face, eyes and other parts of the body. Occurrences of shingles around the eyes or on the forehead can cause blindness. The rash typically appears in a stripe or belt-like pattern that is characteristically limited to one side of the body and does not cross the midline.
Equal amounts of RAVENSARA essential oil and TAMANU oil (Calophyllum) applied to a shingles outbreak have produced dramatic improvement and complete remission within 7 days (Alternative Medicine, The Definitive Guide, p. 56, 971). We call this blend SHINGLES B GONE and added GERANIUM essential oil to this protocol because of its positive affects for nerves and skin regeneration.
A health care provider wrote: BHT and lots of Vitamin C will get rid of shingles in a week.
1. I am close to four people who have bouts with Shingles, and in every case they have found relief with equal parts of PLAGUE DEFENSE and RAVENSARA in a capsule ever few hours. For three of them, it took less than a day for relief, and the other one was much better after 2 days. [Heritage Blend: SHINGLES INTERNAL DEFENSE]
2. We have had great results using your SHINGLES INTERNAL DEFENSE blend in a capsule two-to-three times daily. Blood tests were done before and after, and my doctor was astounded at how significantly the herpes zoster count dropped. I shared this with a friend, and she reported relief within minutes of taking the blend internally. After 3 doses (1 day) the breakout was over and has never reoccurred (in three years). [Shingles Internal Defense is a blend of Ravensara, Clove, Lemon, Cinnamon Bark, Eucalyptus Radiata and Rosemary.]
3. I am a massage therapist, and had a client who spent two months on medication for her shingles outbreak and was still suffering. I used ELEMI on the arm that was affected. After this one application, she was able to get relief. The next time I saw her, I applied ELEMI again on this arm, and she completely recovered and hasn’t had any problems in over a year.
4. Red Clover herb by Nature’s Way and Heritage's SHINGLES B GONE applied topically helped me tremendously. [Shingles B Gone is a blend of Ravensara and Geranium in a base of Calophyllum, which is also known as Tamanu oil.]
5. I recently used MELISSA to get rid of a case of shingles. I took one drop under my tongue several times daily for a while, and then I upped it to four drops in a capsule morning and night. My herpes zoster count went to 0! Melissa is expensive, but it works, and it’s far less expensive than doctor visits and medications.
6. When my shingles acted up this last time, I blended 10 drops each of LAVENDER, TEA TREE and THYME in massage oil and applied it topically for relief.
7. SHINGLES B GONE is to be the best relief my husband gets for a continuing sensitivity problem left over from his bout with this wonderful virus. - Mary H.
Avoid contact with the eye. Essential oils are lipophilic, meaning they are attracted to fat—like the membranes of your eye and skin. Essential oils are hydrophobic, meaning they do not like water. Flushing with water will only send the essential oil back to the eye's membranes. Wiping with carrier oil will create another fat for the essential oil to be attracted to other than the membranes of the eye. We’ve not known this to cause permanent injury or long-term discomfort, but if you feel concerned, please call your doctor if necessary.