1. I use a 4 oz spray bottle and fill about half full of filtered water. Next I add fractionated Coconut oil until almost full (this is thin enough to go through the sprayer). Finally I add about 10 drops of PURIFY (Citronella, Lemongrass, Lavandin, Rosemary, Tea Tree & Myrtle) and a few drops each of EUCALYPTUS and CEDARWOOD. I spray my hands and then rub this on. If it's too oily for you, I suppose it'd work just as well to use more water and less coconut oil - perhaps it would work with no coconut oil. This works for our dogs as a flea and tick repellent. I live in the South where the ticks are awful, and if we don't do this, we can count on coming in and finding ticks on us.
2. I use 5ml PALO SANTO with 25ml of your fractionated Coconut Oil in a 1oz spray bottle for tick prevention. My friend used it the other day, and she didn't get ticks when others in her group did! - L.M.
3. We used NO MORE FLEAS and that is all it takes. We live in the country with horses and turkeys next to woodlands and grasslands where fleas are prevalent, but we don't have any flea or tick problems whatsoever.
4. Used on dogs and humans: We use NO MORE FLEAS as directed on our dogs and also our ourselves when we head out into the woods or fields around our home. It makes for a good insect repellent as well as preventing fleas and ticks from bothering us.
5. NO MORE FLEAS is the BEST product we've ever used to prevent fleas and ticks on our dogs. It's amazing! - Sue S.
6. I put about 2 cups of water in a spray bottle and added about 20 drops GERANIUM essential oil. (Sometimes I experiment with a combination of oils that are good at repelling insects that we like, including Eucalyptus, Cedarwood and Lemongrass, but I think the Geranium scent lasts the longest and seems to work well for ticks.) We shake the spray bottle before using and spray head to toe on clothes and skin (covering our eyes). I have also made a gel for skin by adding 20 drops or so of Geranium to a couple of ounces of Aloe Vera Gel. The spray of gel has to be reapplied whenever the scent has faded. - Gian R.
7. For several weeks I have been using PALO SANTO and GERANIUM on my kids and dog when they go out to our tick-infested back yard (we live in PA). In the few weeks we have used them, we've not seen a single tick, and other bugs stay away too. For myself and the children, I mix up two separate roll-on applicators - one with 10 drops Palo Santo and the other with 10 drops Geranium, and I fill the rest with fractionated coconut oil. I usually apply it onto their ankles, necks, wrists and elbows. When they come inside and I can no longer smell the oils, I reapply. This seems to do the trick! Prior to using the oils, I was picking ticks off of them nearly every time they went outside. For our dog, I use a drop of each undiluted between her shoulder blades. - Satin
8. I've had 7 ticks attached in a week! They are terrible in southern indiana. I finally mixed up GERANIUM, LEMONGRASS and witch hazel. I put it in a spray bottle (from Heritage Essential Oils). I have been out all morning trimming trees and shrubs, and not a single one as been seen so far! - Dawn
The choice of the process used in application of Heritage Essential Oils' products is the sole responsibility of the user.
Information and statements regarding Heritage Essential Oils' products have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any health condition or disease.
We do not make any therapeutic claims for any Dietary Supplements in accordance with the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act and FDA regulations.
Heritage Essential Oils and any of its directors, employees, representatives or those involved in blending and bottling the oils will not be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of their products. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, income or profit and claims of third parties. We disclaim any liability if the user uses or prescribes any remedy or essential oil, natural or otherwise, for him/herself or another. Please consult a licensed healthcare professional should a need be indicated.