Education
Products Button
Essential Oil Usage
Health Issues

Vegetable Glycerine  
Vegetable Glycerine

Price:

:
Qty:


Email Friend


Vegetable Glycerine

100% food grade, comprised of 99.7% fatty esters (which have a very low calorie count), derived from coconut or palm oil. The remaining 0.3% is water with no added stabilizers, preservatives or other ingredients. Vegetable Glycerine is a clear, colorless, thick, syrup-like liquid with a naturally sweet taste. Our Vegetable Glycerine is all Pharmaceutical use approved.

Plant Origin: Pacific Rim: Malaysia/Singapore
Extraction Method: Isolated glycerol fats through a Hydrolysis method. This is not considered a "raw" product because water, temperature and pressure are used to create it.
Key Constituents:
99.7% Fatty Esters

Derived from palm kernel / coconut oil
pH: 7

Tested and found to be free of heavy metals, chlorides, sulfates and other impurities

Properties and Uses:
Vegetable Glycerine is used in cosmetics, toothpaste, shampoos, soaps, herbal remedies, pharmaceuticals and other household products. It is a versatile product because it is soluble in both water and alcohol. It has emollient-like properties which can soften and soothe the skin and assist the outer epidermis in retaining its moisture. It is used by herbalists to extract botanical properties from plant materials without the use of alcohol.
It has a limited shelf life of 14 months - 5 years.

Glycerine is water soluble, rather than oil soluble, so blend just a bit with your favorite hydrosol or add to the water phase of a cream or lotion. It will not incorporate into a facial oil or salve that contains no water.

Researchers at the Medical College of Georgia found that glycerine makes skin look, feel and function better by attracting moisture and by helping skin cells mature properly; they also discovered that it helps convert fats or lipids in the external, protective membrane. All cells have this layer and skin cells secrete extra lipids which help provide an additional barrier. "Think about it," Dr. Bollag says. "If there was not some sort of barrier, when you took a bath, all the water would go into you and you would blow up like a balloon."
Medical College Of Georgia (2003, December 3). Glycerin May Help Skin Disease, Study Finds.


The choice of the process used in application of Heritage Essential Oils' products is the sole responsibility of the user.

Information and statements regarding Heritage Essential Oils' products have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any health condition or disease.

We do not make any therapeutic claims for any Dietary Supplements in accordance with the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act and FDA regulations.

Heritage Essential Oils and any of its directors, employees, representatives or those involved in blending and bottling the oils will not be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of their products. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, income or profit and claims of third parties. We disclaim any liability if the user uses or prescribes any remedy or essential oil, natural or otherwise, for him/herself or another. Please consult a licensed healthcare professional should a need be indicated.