~ With any honey remedy, it is not recommended for children under two ~
Chronic coughs may be the result of an underlying fungal infection or perhaps a B12 deficiency. (According to the study in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition:
"This study suggests that [vitamin B-12 deficiency] may contribute to chronic cough by favoring sensory neuropathy as indicated by laryngeal hyper-responsiveness and increased NGF expression in pharyngeal biopsies of [vitamin B-12 deficiency] patients. [Vitamin B-12 deficiency] should be considered among factors that sustain chronic cough, particularly when cough triggers cannot be identified.")
1. I sprayed PLAGUE DEFENSE SPRAY around my house all evening to quiet a cough that all 3 of us had at the same time, and boy did it work, instantly, and my son fell right off to sleep (what a testimonial for the spray). – Diane
2. I had to write you and let you know that my cough is soooooo much better [had been coughing for over a week and was not sleeping well. We suggested: a teaspoon of raw honey with 1 drop Plague Defense + 1 drop Lemon, mixed well with a toothpick, and then flip the spoon and drag the honey mixture off the spoon with the tongue. This avoids getting the essential oils on the lips.] I took the raw honey with PLAGUE DEFENSE and LEMON. I actually accidentally got 3 drops of Plague Defense instead of two and 1 drop of lemon. I slept so much better. I did wake up with one coughing fit, but it didn't last long and I was able to go right back to sleep. I have no idea what time it was even when I woke up, as I was so tired. I woke up this morning at 6:30 and did not feel the itching like I have. I took another dose this morning as I did have a little cough, but it is minor, and like I said, I don't have the itching. I also took some lemon by itself. I'm not feeling like I want to cough every 10 seconds either. In fact, I am sitting here breathing normally instead of with little shallow breaths, and I do not have that constant urge to cough! I did feel some sinus pressure, face swelling, and headache and took the LAVENDER like you said (a drop on the tongue, then held to the roof of the mouth) and rubbed some HEADACHE RELIEF on, and that is now gone. I have to tell you that I have had these issues all my life, and while not life threatening, they were debilitating as I felt awful all the time. Nothing really seemed to work. I would end up having to go on steroid medications and did not like that at all - Predisone, steroid inhalers and steroid nasal sprays! There's just something not good about taking something that instructs you to rinse your mouth out really well after using it because if you don't you can get a yeast infection in your mouth. That's just wrong!
I started with the YL oils [a top brand] and have to say that I like Heritage better. Not only the cost and there's no MLM, but they actually seem to work better. I really appreciate what you have done. It is important to me to be able to believe in where I put my money. I believe in Heritage Oils.
3 days later: I am still so thrilled that the simple remedy worked. I am not coughing! Seriously, these oils work fast. I went from misery to having this cough under control. I did have a couple of coughing spells, but they were fewer than I had before the remedy. - C.W.
4. My little one with Down Syndrome seemed to turn every cold into chronic coughing or bronchitis, and the doctor told me he considered him asthmatic. This past winter was remarkably better. This is what we did:
- Added D3 as a supplement (used Source Naturals because of the tiny pill that was easy to swallow.
- Used MYRTLE essential oil applications in his nostrils with a cotton swab [see Linda's tips on doing this in the Health Care file under Down Syndrome], Respiratory Relief on the soles of his feet nightly.
- Supplemented with a quality probiotic (Dr. Mercola has a good one).
- ½ a Mullein capsule sprinkled on his food at the first sign of a cold. I feel like this helped keep it from his lungs.
- Fed lots of bone broths and chicken broths
- Apple Cider Vinegar tonic (organic, unprocessed) helps to detach biofilm that is a colony of bacteria that becomes static rather than moving as individual bacteria does. They excrete a slime to protect themselves as a colony, so to speak. The slime makes it very resistant to many forms of treatment including antibiotics, and it make it difficult for the immune system to get rid of it. The tonic morning and evening works wonders.
- ACV tonic recipe:
1 TB Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
1 TB Raw honey (local honey is best)
1 Cup pure water
5. For chest congestion, coughs and laryngitis, I keep a small jar of essential oils laced honey in the cabinet. I stir about 6 drops RESPIRATORY RELIEF and 4-6 drops LEMON essential oils in a 1oz jar of raw honey. By keeping it tightly closed in a dark cabinet it stays potent. When I feel the need of something to help clear my throat or my breathing passages, I dip the handle of a teaspoon into the honey 'cough syrup' and let it melt into my mouth. I hold it there long enough for the oils be absorbed into my system before swallowing. It tastes a lot like the cough drops that have been in stores forever, but with this mixture, I know what I'm putting into my system and it works!
6. I read CW's testimony and it worked so well! I put a couple drops PLAGUE DEFENSE in a tablespoon of raw honey and let it run slowly down my throat. It killed my sore throat and stopped my horrible tickle coughs that nothing else seemed to work on.
7. I didn't have Plague Defense for CW's testimony so I just used LEMON for my 10-year-old who had a persistent cough that went on for days. After 5 minutes she was cured! Seriously, she probably only coughed a couple more times the rest of the day. She is cured!
8. I really like what I have seen so far with using your oils on my 3-year-old daughter. She recently had a cold, and a couple of nights she was coughing so much that she was throwing-up. I put a drop of PEPPERMINT oil with a drop of honey and made her take it. Within 5 mins she stopped coughing and slept through the night. This remedy worked much better than any cough syrup that the doctor ever gave us for her. The only reason I knew what to try was your testimony files. Thanks so much for all the time you have put into helping all of us!
9. I suffered lung, allergies and sinus issues most of my life, and the absolute best remedy for me has been 4 drops FRANKINCENSE + 4 drops RESPIRATORY RELIEF in a capsule. I fill the rest of the capsule with a carrier oil and take it as a suppository.
10. Several members of our family had terrible lung congestion, and we had miraculous results with HYSSOP and FRANKINCENSE (with a carrier oil) taken as a suppository.
11. Over the Christmas holidays I got a frustrating congestive cough and stuffy nose. I took WARRIOR twice a day for three days. I also rubbed RESPIRATORY RELIEF on my chest, neck and back. My coughing stopped almost immediately, my nose dried up and cleared, which allowed me to sleep well, and I didn't miss a beat with all the family who'd gathered at our house for the week. I love your oils!
12. When my husband got coughs, he'd keep them for months on end. I read on your website some testimonies about using the oils as a rectal suppository, so I kept mentioning this to him, but he'd change the subject. Finally, he got frustrated with the cough enough to say he was willing to give it a try. I was excited because I figured it this worked on him, it would work for anybody! I put 4 drops of LUNG HEALING in a capsule and filled the rest with Castor oil. He put it where it belonged and went back to work in his shop in our garage. When he came back in later, he exclaimed that he was cured. I don't think I ever heard him cough again. Woohooo, these oils are great!
13. I use your PLAGUE DEFENSE SPRAY for coughs and sore throats - it's fantastic.
14. For persistent coughs we fill a capsule with 10 drops PATCHOULI, 3 drops BLACK PEPPER and 2 drops PEPPERMINT and swallow that a few times daily. HYSSOP with a carrier oil as a rectal implant can wipe out a cough as well. Patchouli taken internally seems to do a good job of breaking up the mucus.
15. I had open heart by-pass surgery and then got pneumonia. This is an awful combination. I had to cough in order to clear my lungs, but coughing was terribly painful for my whole chest because of the surgery. I thought I'd rather die. Thankfully my good friend felt to offer my her FRANKINCENSE. I was so weak, and being in the hospital made some procedures you'd recommend not practical to say the least. Her idea was to add a few drops of Frankincense to my juice. This worked wonders for my congested lungs. I had not slept hardly at all since my surgery, and this made recovery even harder - I was so weak. I added 3 drops to my juice an hour before bedtime, and slept through the night (except for an occasional visit from a nurse to take my pulse or whatever). I have to believe that Frankincense saved my life.
16. I used 1 drop of MYRTLE in a teaspoon of honey to soothe my sore throat and persistent cough. It didn't taste great, but wasn't bad.
17. I got brave and tried a drop of FRANKINCENSE on my tongue, and my cough stopped in seconds and didn't return for a few hours. I did it again, and that was the end of it.
18. I added BLACK SPRUCE to my PLAGUE DEFENSE and diffused it for a bad cough that seemed like wanted to turn to pneumonia. The Spruce is said to carry the Plague Defense into the lower lobes of the lungs. Whatever it did, it worked very well. After two nights of breathing this, I had almost totally recovered.
19. I have been sick and ended up with a cough that would not go away. A friend of mine suggested that I try putting a drop of LUNG HEALING under my tongue to see if it would help. I had already been using RESPIRATORY RELIEF on my chest and diffusing LUNG HEALING at night. I put one drop of Lung Healing under my tongue, and instantly I could feel a difference in my throat! My throat/bronchial tube felt healed. No irritation at all. So now when I feel a little irritation in my throat, I just put a drop under my tongue and it goes away. Thank you so much for all your help with the oils. - Nina
The choice of the process used in application of Heritage Essential Oils' products is the sole responsibility of the user.
Information and statements regarding Heritage Essential Oils' products have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any health condition or disease.
We do not make any therapeutic claims for any Dietary Supplements in accordance with the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act and FDA regulations.
Heritage Essential Oils and any of its directors, employees, representatives or those involved in blending and bottling the oils will not be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of their products. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, income or profit and claims of third parties. We disclaim any liability if the user uses or prescribes any remedy or essential oil, natural or otherwise, for him/herself or another. Please consult a licensed healthcare professional should a need be indicated.