Clove Bud 33% (Eugenia caryophyllata), Lemon (Citrus limonum), Cinnamon Bark 17% (Cinnamon zeylanicum), Eucalyptus Radiata (Eucalyptus radiata), Rosemary ct. verbenone (Rosmarinus officinalis)
Properties and Usage:
This blend of essential oils is high in anti-microbial properties. The oils are highly antiviral, antiseptic, antibacterial, anti-infectious and help to protect the body against such illnesses as flu, colds, sinusitis, bronchitis, pneumonia, sore throats, cuts, and so on.
In November of 2005, an important discovery was made: Mold, even heavy infestations of toxic mold, could be eliminated from homes and office buildings using a blend of essential oils: Clove, Lemon, Cinnamon Bark, Eucalyptus Radiata and Rosemary. (See the studies in Dr. Edward Close's book, Nature's Mold Rx.) He recommends this model diffuser: http://heritageessentialoils.com/heritage-pro.php
Studies conducted in 1997 at Weber State University in Ogden, Utah, showed the anti-bacterial effectiveness of this blend of essential oils against airborne microorganisms. One analysis showed a 90 percent reduction in the number of gram positive Micrococcus luteus organisms after diffusing the Plague Defense blend for 12 minutes. After diffusing for a total of 20 minutes, there was a 99.3 percent reduction. Another study against the gram negative Pseudomonas aeruginosa showed a kill rate of 99.96 percent after just 12 minutes of diffusion of this blend of essential oils.
Dr. Edward Close and Jacquelyn Close documented in "over 100 case studies, verified by an independent EPA-approved environmental laboratory, have shown that organically produced concentrated plant extracts, also called essential oils, when diffused in the air, eliminate mold spores in the air and on surfaces in as little as 24 hours." MoldRx4U.com
There was an 82% reduction in Micrococcus luteus bioaerosol, a 96% reduction in Pseudomonas aeruginosa bioaerosol, and a 44% reduction in Staphylococcus aureus bioaerosol following 10 minutes of exposure to the blend of oils in Plague Defense that was diffused for a given amount of time. [View abstract]
Application Suggestions (see Essential Oil Usage for more information and a dilution chart)
Topical: Plague Defense is a *hot* blend. Dilute appropriately with a carrier oil . Test on a small area first to see if there is any reaction such as skin irritation. Both Cinnamon Bark and Clove are high risks for skin irritation and sensitization. To avoid risk of irritation/sensitization, based on Tisserand's suggestions for Cinnamon Bark, the maximum dermal use level of Plague Defense is 1 drop per 10mL carrier.
Children: Because of these cautions, Tisserand suggests that we avoid use on children under age 2.
(See more safety info below for use on children or during pregnancy and breastfeeding.)
If skin irritation results, dilute immediately with more carrier oil (not water) to cut the effect.
Plague Defense works well in a roll-on applicator (1 drop per 10mL carrier to avoid skin irritation/sensitization).
Inhalation: Diffuse Cinnamon Bark may irritate nasal membranes if inhaled directly from diffuser or bottle. "Do not expose children of five years or less to strong essential oil vapors" (Tisserand page 651).
Internal: The quality of the oils used in Plague Defense are suitable for internal use within safe parameters, if such use is deemed appropriate. We feel that internal use is rarely *needed* and should only be used with respect for how concentrated the oils are. HEO does not advocate internal use of essential oils without appropriate knowledge and understanding of how to administer, for what purpose, how much, which essential oils, safety concerns and so on. In our experience, essential oils are generally more effective used topically with proper dilution or inhaled. Kurt Schnaubelt Ph.D. notes that "French aromatherapy literature contains many references to using oils internally." He goes on to note that "generally 1 drop is always enough when ingesting essential oils." A potential toxicity hazard could occur when untrained people use essential oils orally and ingest too much. Keep in mind that while French doctors may prescribe essential oils for internal use, they are trained and experienced in the safe application of essential oils. It is not a matter of using "French aromatherapy" or "British" methods, it's a matter of experience and appropriate application.
For a sore throat, one drop in a glass (never put essential oils in plastic) with enough water to gargle has been known to eradicate the soreness (Kurt Schnaubelt).
Maximum adult daily dose should not exceed 36 drops (based on Tisserand's information about Cinnamon Bark on page 248).
Drug Interaction (Oral Use): May inhibit blood clotting. Avoid use with hemophilia, severe liver or kidney disease.
Caution: Diabetes medication, anticoagulant medication, major surgery, peptic ulcer, hemophilia and other bleeding disorders.
Click here for information about internal usage.
Consider Balance with these Cautions:
Kurt Schnaubelt writes in reference to reading or hearing "dire warnings about the use of Cinnamon and Clove oil, that the 'Never to be used' phrase attached to these two essential oils" is "resoundingly ignored by those who really used essential oils. The antibacterial effects of Cinnamon Bark oil make it one of the best options when a person encounters violent bacterial infections of the intestinal tract, especially while traveling in unfamiliar territory! The choice is between being pointlessly scared by the defensive writing of an author who probably had never been in a comparable situation or effectively ending the debilitating condition with a few drops of Cinnamon oil" (Schnaubelt page 73).
Testimonies (assume Plague Defense was used appropriately diluted unless otherwise noted):
1. Twice now I’ve had a very painful sore throat come on suddenly. I put a drop of Plague Defense in a glass and added just enough water to gargle. After gargling, I swallowed it. Instantly the painful sore throat disappeared. I figured the oil had just numbed it, but I never had another inkling of soreness. – L.S.
2. I love to diffuse this oil – smells like Christmas. My guests think my house smells wonderful and all the while I’m protecting myself from all the germs they bring in. This is the best blend of this kind that I’ve ever tried. – Snowbird
3. My son took the Plague Defense back to A and M University, and he and his roommate used up the whole bottle. He and his home-schooled roommate, both of whom seem very susceptible to every virus on campus, have remained virus-free for two weeks now. It was an experiment on their part, but that is the first time all year my son has not been puny with something viral. So, I will need to order some more soon! - M.B.
4. I had strep throat last week and applied Plague Defense topically on the bumps in the back of my throat with a long swab. Within 4 days it was gone! I was not in anymore pain and the bumps diminished to nothing. Amazing! - K.C.
5. My daughter was dealing with molars coming in and was just miserable. I put Plague Defense on her gums, and she cheered up, drooled less and seemed to get back to her old self. We also use Mom's Remedy (full strength to diffuse and diluted for topical use) for fevers and runny noses associated with teething. - A.N.
6. I've had splinters come out of both children's feet by applying Plague Defense - found this out by accident because I always rub their feet with Plague Defense and they both happened to have splinters from playing on the deck at the beach house. - Mindy
7. My married son had an abscessed tooth, and the dentist said he would have to have a root canal done. Knowing how bad root canals are, he called me to see what I'd suggest him to do, and I suggested that he apply Plague Defense on the gum next to the tooth and diluted on the jaw. He put some drops on a cotton ball and packed it next to the tooth. The infection cleared up but then erupted again, and this cycle happened at least three times. Each time he'd start the protocol again. I read about your Enhance Tooth Suds, and why the Birch was added, so I suggested that he use the Plague Defense and then apply Birch to help drive it in. This worked! The infection was resolved and his tooth is fine.
8. My kindergarten son came home yesterday with glass eyes, fever and complaining of sore throat. I immediately rubbed his feet with Plague Defense. He slept on the couch, and then we put him to bed. There, I rubbed his feet again with PD. I combined coconut oil and PD and rubbed his torso down, focusing on his spine. He is 100% better this morning! - Brandee
9. My 7 Year old got strep, and instead of using antibiotics, I used Plague defense as suggested and Warrior! I Love theses Essential oils! - Aresha
10. My niece got her Plague Defense yesterday - Just in the nick of time. Her son came home from school with a stomach virus and vomiting. She put it on the on the soles of his feet. He fell asleep and slept all night. This morning he is not vomiting and is able to keep dry crackers down. Praise God. Now, everyone gets Plague Defense on the soles of their feet to protect them. I have had good results with Plague Defense also. It works overnight and will break a fever overnight too. Much better than using antibiotics. - Diane
11. I've been using your Plague Defense blend and really like it. I have three boys, age 4, 3, and 1 and the older two beg for me to diffuse it or rub it on them ;) My youngest one was diagnosed with Infant Leukemia at 8 months old and has been undergoing treatment for almost the past year. We are doing everything we can to naturally boost our immune systems and keep germs at bay. Since using the Plague Defense, we haven't been sick! I also take it with me to the hospital when he has to stay every night (since we all know just how germy the hospital is!). I've have received MANY questions and positive remarks regarding the wonderful scent. One nurse even said, "I love coming into your room. It's so relaxing!." Thank you!!! I've used several other of your oils and blends as well for him/us. So far we've enjoyed them all! - Amy H.
12. I received the package last week, and have been enjoying the Plague Defense using the new diffuser. Thank you so much for keeping the quality of your products high! - Nancy
13. I received my first order last week and can't tell you how much fun I've had experimenting with different oils in the diffuser! In fact, my husband came home Saturday with symptoms that sounded like the beginning of the flu strain people in our area have been experiencing - extreme fatigue, light sensitivity, painful eyes, etc. I applied Plague Defense and shut him up in a room with it diffusing as well. Several hours later, he came out a new man! - Tami R.
14. Our 6-year-old son with Down Syndrome has a lot of respiratory issues. He woke up with a nasty barking cough and running a fever that came out of no where two nights ago. Typically, when he gets sick it turns bad quickly. I put Plague Defense on his feet and Respiratory Relief on his chest and back. In the morning his fever was gone, and his cough was sounding better. For the last two days, I've been reapplying the oils, alternating what goes on his feet, chest and back between Lung Healing, Plague Defense and Respiratory Relief. Today, he has no cough, the fever never came back and he's feeling better. Without the oils, today he'd be in really bad shape. Thank you HEO for helping me keep our son well. - Alysha
15. My 4 year-old was recently hit very hard with the stomach virus. I immediately put a drop of Plague Defense under everyone's tongue, but somehow my oldest was overlooked. So far, he is the only other person in the house to have gotten sick, and it's been a week since he was hit! We'll definitely be keeping this on hand! - Millicent [HEO's comment: Plague Defense is a *hot* blend and is not recommended use like this undiluted.]
16. I've been using Plague Defense on my daughter for the last 2 nights for her cough and also Lavender oil to help her sleep. I am so pleased to say it is working. I don't think she has ever slept so well. :D Thank you so much for what you do! - Cece
17. I am ecstatic over your oils! One of my daughters had a sore throat and started getting stuffed up with a headache. She usually ends up with double ear infections and strep throat. I was determined not to put her on antibiotics again so soon, as it has been only 45 days since the last episode. For two days used Top Gun. I put your Ear Infection blend on cotton balls in her ears for two nights. I diffused Plague Defense. Wow! This knocked it out and conquered it! I used Peppermint for her headache. By the forth day she had fully recovered. We also used Plague Defense for Hubby's stress headache. A drop on the tongue and let it rest on the roof of the mouth. Headache gone!! - Lynn
18. I am a newbie essential oil user. But I am loving my Plague Defense! I had read where someone used it for a gargle then swallowed it for a sore throat. I tried it on day one of our symptoms. It worked! I've only had one day of that sore throat, and only about 3 days of very mild cold symptoms. - Mandy W.
19. I started using Plague Defense and occasionally Tooth Suds for my daughter's canker sores. It is amazing! She had them all the time. The Peds Dr or her dentist's advice did not work for 4+ years. We tried everything but steroids. She ALWAYS had at least one that lasted for a week or more. They were very painful for her and sometimes she didn't want to eat! She started using Plague Defense, and they were gone in 2 days and haven't been back. Its been about 16 weeks. She puts 1 drop on her finger then in her mouth before bed a few times each week. She's even had a sinus infection with no canker sores. (Usually when she's sick they are worse) WE LOVE Plague Defense! Absolutely love it. - Connie P.
20. Five months ago I developed two very large boils on one leg that turned into a need for surgery, which turned into two, golf ball size holes in my leg and hospitalization for four days. It was an awful few months as I had to have wound care etc. Since then I have had about 8-10 boils try to start up on my legs... I'm not sure what is causing them, but I do know that if I rub Tea Tree Oil and Plague Defense on the boils 3-5 times per day, within a few days they will begin to dry up on their own. I'm very grateful. I would much rather rub oils on the things than have surgery again or wound care again. Thank you for walking this path and for making oils affordable. I am very grateful as they have become part of our family routine on a daily basis. I especially love the fact that my five year old will come to me if she gets a mosquito bite or if her tummy doesn't feel well, and tell me she needs 'essential oils'... LOVE IT! - Tina P.
21. I'm loving Plague Defense! I think it has taken me out of the viscous cycle I've been in of getting over a sinus infection or cold and then immediately getting another one. I'm looking forward to trying more of your products! - Shelly M.
23. I had emailed with HEO when my daughter got strep. She ended up on antibiotics sadly, because I didn't have the proper oils on hand:( Problem fixed! When I came down with a severe sore throat and very ill, I used Plague Defense 3x a day for a couple days, and the sore throat disappeared! This is the first non-antibiotic success I've ever had with strep!!! Thanks!! - Dana
24. Plague Defense is the best thing. I got rid of strep 3x in just a few months 2 years ago. I treated it with Plague Defense each time. Here's the kicker tho... Since then, we've been exposed to strep numerous times and not once have I gotten it. That's a biggie for me! - Lori
25. I want to share about Plague Defense. We live in a moldy house. It's a long process to clean the mold which released spores all over, into the carpeting and the furniture and what all else. I've been diffusing Plague Defense and also using it (a drop under my tongue, on my feet or as a gargle) on myself whenever I felt a virus coming on. With my allergies (yep allergic to the mold, pollen and dust), I get sick often, especially in the winter. This past winter I did not catch one cold or flu virus. A few times I awoke feeling like I was coming down with something and used the Plague Defense to beat that sick feeling down. I'm working with other oils to treat the allergies, but I tell all my friends about Plague Defense when they complain of being sick. - Tammy
26. I've had bouts with Helicobacter pylori three times. This last time I started taking antibiotics again and remembered that my sister told me she was treating everything with essential oils, so I gave her call. She suggested that I use Plague Defense blend and drink plenty of pure water. I felt a ton better within 12 hours, and was 'recovered' at the end of the 3rd day.
[HEO added: A concentration of just 0.002% Manuka or 0.004% Cinnamon Bark essential oils can wipe out several strains of Helicobacter pylori. Resistance of Helicobacter Pylori to Lemongrass did not develop even after 10 sequential passages, whereas resistance to clarithromycin developed under the same conditions. [T. Ohno, PhD, Kyoto Prefetural University of Medicine, Japan] ]
27. I am usually sick all winter, but this past winter I did not catch a cold. Whenever I felt one coming on I started using the Plague Defense. I used it in my toothpaste as well. - Tammy
28. I love Plague Defense just for the taste alone, but it definitely wards off all the yucky stuff mentioned above. - Leann
29. I started feeling tired, congested and my body started aching. I thought I was getting a cold. So I use Plague defense on my feet, put on socks, put couple drops on my hands and inhaled. Then I took a nap. When I woke up, I felt rested and my symptoms were gone. I was pleasantly surprised because I really thought I was going to get sick. I love my Plague Defense!!! - Deida
30. Plague Defense is amazing! I was feeling the onset of a cold after traveling from Hawaii to Atlanta on two different planes last weekend. I was going to accept the inevitable until my sister gave me her Plague Defense, and I rubbed it on my feet before I fell asleep. When I woke up, not only was I not congested NOR jet lagged, I felt great!! Do you guys ship to Hawaii? Because I'm going to need some more for the shift in winds soon; I want to avoid that seasonal cold. - Megan
31. My family used to be sick constantly, and I do mean constantly. I read about Plague Defense and decided to give it a go. So glad! I've been diffusing it for four months now (at minimum - I do it when my three older boys get home from school), and we've had very few illnesses in our house (mostly just twinges, but then they are gone). In fact, a month in I had a sore throat and couldn't sleep. I gargled a drop with a bit of water (and then swallowed). My throat was instantly soothed and I was able to sleep. When I woke up, it was still there, so I did it again, and the pain was gone immediately and did not come back! Then, about a month ago, the school nurse called and said my kindergartener had come down with the stomach virus that had most of the K-kids out for an entire week. I brought him home and put him to bed, diffusing Plague Defense in his room as he slept. He woke up three hours later completely fine. I called the nurse and told her, and she was amazed. She even said that if no symptoms returned he could come back the next day (he went)! My toddler then threw up once that evening, and so I diffused in his room that night, and he woke up fine too. No one else caught it. I've also given it to friends who were visiting and brought a cold along with them. They were all instantly better and couldn't believe it. :) - Jocelyn
32. Poison Ivy got me with a vengeance and went systemic. Even though I knew about the oils I went the doctor route (after doing over-the-counter stuff). Prescriptions for this are very expensive! After about $200 and no success, it dawned on me to try the oils. I used Plague Defense simply because it is my favorite blend. The poison ivy dried up in just a couple of days.
33. My hubby was really coming down with something yucky earlier this week - just dragging and feeling that "sick" feeling - so I rubbed his feet with a combination of Plague Defense and Peppermint (for better smell - and headache relief) and he went to bed early. The next morning, we was almost good as new! I'm a believer!!!! - Barb
34. I LOVE HEO Plague Defense--it smells so good and everyone in my house is enjoying using it…which is great, since the kids are sick with less than a week to go on our 5th pregnancy! I used to "mix" my own with singles and/or purchase YL, but I am much happier with Linda's blend!!! - Christy
35. I have a friend who is having mold issues in her house and she is having a reaction to it. I took my diffuser and Plague Defense to her house yesterday. When I called today, she said she is feeling MUCH better - less brain fog, less coughing, etc. She is SOLD on essential oils and asked for a link to your website. Thank you!!! - Tonya
36. I alternated Plague Defense and Warrior on my kid's feet when they contracted Fifth's Disease this winter. They are 8 ? 10. It went rampant through their elementary school, and my kids never had any other symptoms (such as aches, fevers), and the duration was much shorter than most other children I know. - Tania
37. We have a very bad on-going issue with mold. What we were told by the mold expert is that mold can not be killed by bleach. Bleach only bleaches the color. He said to use whatever household cleaner or homemade solution or just soap and water and wipe the mold away. Any mold that cannot be wiped away, or comes back in the same spot, means that the mold is coming from inside the wall board and the wall board must be removed. It means the mold is behind the wall. Most bathroom mold is from condensation on the walls, so it should wipe off. I diffuse Plague Defense in my moldy house as we remediate the moldy attic, bathroom, carpeting, etc. I feel it does help to keep the Plague Defense in the air, and I notice the difference if I keep the diffuser off. Plus, since I diffuse it every four hours around the clock, we have fewer colds. - Tammy
38. I just have to say: I have been fighting something off for the last couple of days. This morning I thought I was losing the battle. My throat, in particular, was raging. It was painful, swollen, scratchy, and I was losing my voice. Then the doorbell rang. My very first shipment of oils was delivered (I am a total newbie, and a skeptical one, at that.). I immediately sampled my Plague Defense, and I CANNOT BELIEVE IT. Within 15 minutes ALL of my sick symptoms were gone. ALL OF THEM. Is this for real?! God is so good! And I am grateful that I am finally learning how to use the gifts that He's given us in nature to nurture my family. Initially, I just smelled it. I have a VERY sensitive olfactory system, and I generally get headaches instantly from strong perfume-type scents. I had no headaches after a few minutes, AND I was already starting to feel better (just from smelling it! seriously!). So, I rubbed some on my feet with a carrier oil and put on socks. Within 15 minutes I was feeling almost 100%. After 2 hours or so, I started to feel icky again, so I reapplied the oil. I did this periodically throughout the day. I also did this for my daughters because we have all been fighting the same thing. This morning everyone seems to be healthy! We do have a bit of a cough, but that's all! - Rachelle
39. For about the past 4 winters I came to expect a throat and sinus infection that puts me in complete misery for at least 3 weeks. I'm not sure what it is, because I've never been to the doctor for it (I think it could be tonsillitis), but my throat becomes excruciatingly sore, and I cough until I have no strength or voice left. I lose sleep because I can't breathe properly (and the coughing keeps me up), I go through boxes of tissues, my head throbs and sometimes it leaves me in tears. It's just completely awful, and it takes weeks to run its full course. I had tried every natural remedy I could think of, but eventually I got to the point where when I began to feel that soreness in my throat, I just surrendered to it and accepted my miserable fate for the next 3 weeks. Enter Plague Defense. I ordered some last summer. This past October, right on schedule, the infection feeling in my throat showed up. I started applying Plague Defense IMMEDIATELY. I wasn't going to fool around, so I applied it frequently (probably more often than I needed to). The infection feeling never elevated to more than a sore throat and went away after about 3 days. After what I've been through every year, for me this is nothing short of a MIRACLE. It's now mid-April, and I have not even had so much as a head cold ALL SEASON LONG. My husband and I live at a small monastic-style seminary where the community worships, eats and studies together every day. Everyone here (the students AND their families) has been sick at least once this winter except for me, and my husband has had one 2-day mild cold. I have shared my bottle of Plague Defense with a few other members of the community, and it has worked for them as well! I will never be without Plague Defense! In case anyone wonders, I usually take it by licking 1 drop off the back of my hand about every 3 or 4 hours until symptoms disappear. I also put it in a homemade breath spray that I use frequently every day, so I'm sure that has also contributed to warding off the bad bugs I encounter by daily living in a small community. Thank you, thank you, thank you Heritage for Plague Defense! - Hannah
40. A 7-year-old nephew has had a terrible time with warts since he was very young. The doctors did all they knew to do, but the warts kept coming back. It was one of the worst cases I'd ever seen. Since my sister-in-law didn't have Oregano oil, I suggested she work with the Plague Defense she had. Long story cut short, she and her son smelled Plague Defense right out of the bottle a few times every day. After about 3 months, all of the warts are gone! The bonus is that my sister-in-law had 3 warts on her leg and they are gone, too! These oils are wonderful!
41. My 5 year old had 9 warts on one hand, and my 3 year old had one on a skin graft and one on a toe. I applied PLAGUE DEFENSE on each wart twice daily for about two weeks. All the warts are gone. My skeptical husband is now 100% on board! - Carissa
42. Yesterday I was having a headache, so I start reading and found that Plague Defense can help. Minutes after licking a smidgen off the back of my hand the headache was gone. I was so amazed. Thank God for EO'S. - Analau
43. The naturopath that introduced us to HEO recommended the Plague Defense applied neat to warts 3 times a day, it worked for my little one... After many traditional medical treatments failed. - Debra
44. I needed Plague Defense Spray for a trip to the hospital, so I put about 120 drops of EO and fill the rest of a 1oz spray with Everclear. It was great! - Cassy
45. The Plague Defense has lightened my cap, a front tooth, which must have been harboring some bacteria. One drop on the finger applied to the gum above it has done it. - Gail
46. A couple of weeks ago my brother came down with a nasty head cold. About five days later his wife caught it. Then my nephew (whom I babysit every day) caught it. Being a singer at church and being heavily involved in the children's ministry, I don't have time to be down with a virus, so I started diffusing Plague Defense every night. Yesterday I felt kind of sluggish. I was very sneezy, congested, I had sinus pressure, watery eyes, the works. Every time I would sneeze my throat would burn. Not wanting to take any chances, I asked my husband if he could use the roller bottle to apply some of the Warrior (which I have diluted in jojoba oil as the carrier) around my shoulder blade area. I did that and diffused Plague Defense while I slept. We also prayed for healing before I went to sleep! This morning I woke up and my nose was still stuffy, but then I sneezed and blew my nose and all congestion was gone! I don't have the sore throat or sinus pressure today either, praise the Lord! - Jennifer
47. I have used 3 different "thieves" blends. Plague Defense is my favorite. - Cammy
48. I love the smell of Plague Defense. Smells kinda like Christmas to me. - Dana
49. Our teenage son was sick this week; sweaty, sick teenaged boy... well... Plague Defense diffused in his room was lovely (and he woke up with his fever gone)! - Helen
50. After taking 8 rounds of antibiotics to treat a severe sinus infection, I began to look for another way to stay well. I began to research essential oils and have ordered some from different companies, but I was always leery about how to use them. Then I found Heritage Oils. I was impressed with the information you offer with each oil and how to use them. I feel much more confident about using them and making the best choice for what I need. I recently purchased Plague Defense which I tried on canker sores, and in 2 applications they were gone. I do appreciate your commitment to quality and providing information so that I can make the best choice for me and my family. - Margie
51. For a sore throat, I mix a drop of PD with a tsp carrier oil, then mix that with salt, then add warm water and gargle. That way you don't have to worry about the oil burning. It works wonderfully this way. - Dahlian
52. Plague Defense is wonderful! I've actually wanted to try the Thieves blend, but the price has deterred me. I've tried the doTerra blend, OnGuard, but I like Plague defense much better. - Emily
53. We have found great success in warding off sickness in our family using Plague Defense! With a family of 9, we have had the opportunity to fight 10 viruses over the past 6 months. In 9 out of the 10 viruses, only one person in the family got sick each time because as soon as we knew someone was getting sick, I started applying diluted Plague Defense 4-5 times a day on everyone. I apply it at the back of the neck, down the spine, on the belly, or on the bottoms of feet, rotating where I apply it each time. The last virus must have been a bigger flu that was harder to beat because 8 out of 9 of us got sick. I do feel like all of us were still helped quite a bit by using Plague Defense topically and Respiratory Relief diffused at night though, because many of us didn’t get as sick as we could have been. I did find one time when I wasn’t fighting one of the viruses off as well as I wanted in myself, that when I switched and started alternating Plague Defense with Warrior and Bacteria Top Gun, that I was finally able to get past it. I’m so thankful to the Lord for providing such a natural, precious way to take care of my family! - Katy
54. I am very thankful for Heritage Essential Oils! I'm loving them. I have both YL and Heritage oils and find myself digging for HEO, even when I have a bottle of YL sitting right there :) And I've gotta tell you... Plague Defense is amazing. I don't know if it has maybe more clove in it than Thieves, but we're finding it so much more effective. My husband puts a drop under his tongue every morning and has gone all winter without a cold. He started getting a toothache, used PD on his tooth and it was gone by the next morning. We went to the movies and two families sat behind us, coughing and sneezing all over the back of our heads. I oiled everyone up when we got home, no one got got "sick" but me and our toddler, and after one more oil-up, we were totally well. - Theresa
55. Plague Defense is amazing! I woke up yesterday morning with a sore throat that kept me up most of the night. I gargled with a couple drops of plague defense in about 1/3 cup of water. This was enough to do it 3x. I swallowed the water each time. My throat was pain free almost immediately. I waited to write the testimony to see how long the relief lasted, and I'm happy to say that although my voice is raspy, I'm still pain free! - Sherri
56. I ordered some Plague Defense a few weeks ago and diffused it to tackle mold spores in our home. It worked wonderfully! We Praise God for leading us to this! We still have to eliminate the mold source (which is inside our old basement walls) but we are so thankful this helps until we can replace the basement. - Karla
57. My sister and I swear by Warrior and Plague Defense. We were the only ones not to get sick on a family vacation with the flu going around in our shared suite. My brother-in-law thinks we smell like Italian hoagies, but we dont' care! Thanks :) - Ashley
58. I used Plague Defense throughout a 24-trip through South America and remained healthy while folks all around me were getting sick with respiratory illnesses and sore throats. Praise God! - Kathy
59. I have been having issues with a rash and swollen lymph nodes under my armpits from shaving and the all-natural deodorant I was using. Just to try it, I mixed about 1/2 TB extra-virgin olive oil with a drop of Plague Defense and rubbed it all over my hands and then under my armpits. It worked WONDERFULLY against my body odor all day long, and I didn't break out in a rash. My husband has now begun using it the same way and loves it. If the dilution is too hot, I just add more olive oil. - Kristi
Blood Clotting: Do not use orally in cases of hemophilia or severe kidney or liver disease.
Drug Interaction (Oral Use): May inhibit blood clotting.
Caution: Diabetes medication, anticoagulant medication, major surgery, peptic ulcer, hemophilia and other bleeding disorders.
Children: Cinnamon Bark should be avoid topically on children under two and used with caution and in greater dilution for older children. Due to possible toxicity issues, it is not for children orally of six years old or under, and use with caution and in greater dilution for children older than six (Tisserand 652-653).
Pregnancy: Cinnamon Bark is on the "avoid" if pregnant list because when it was fed to pregnant mice for two weeks it significantly reduced the number of nuclei and altered the distribution of embryos according to nucleus number (Tisserand p. 249).
Dermal Use: High risk of irritation and sensitization. If skin irritation results, dilute immediately with more carrier oil to cut the effect.
See "safety" on the Cinnamon Bark detail page for more detailed information.
See "safety" on the Clove detail page for more detailed information.
From Essential Oil Safety by Robert Tisserand, page 249:
"Cinnamon oil (type not known) caused poisoning after the ingestion of approximately 60mL by a 7-year-old boy who drank the oil when dared to by a friend. Symptoms included a burning sensation in the mouth, chest and stomach, dizziness, double vision and nausea. There was also vomiting and later collapse. The doctors involved considered that had vomiting not occurred the dose could have been fatal, but there were no serious consequences."
Avoid contact with the eyes and other sensitive areas. Essential oils are both lipophilic and hydrophobic. Lipophilic means they are attracted to fat— like the membranes of your eyes and skin. They are also hydrophobic, meaning they do not like water. Flushing with water will only send the essential oil back to the eye's membranes. Applying a carrier oil will create another fat for the essential oil to be attracted to other than the membranes of the eyes or skin. Tisserand suggests: "With essential oils, fatty oil has been suggested as an appropriate first aid treatment, though the advantage of saline [eyewash] is that the eyes can be continually flushed, and this is less easy with fatty oil." We’ve not known this to cause permanent injury or long-term discomfort, but if you feel concerned, please call your health care provider.
Schnaubelt, Kurt, The Healing Intelligence of Essential Oils, 2111, page 73, 133.
Tisserand, Robert; Young, Rodney, Essential Oil Safety: A Guide for Health Care Professionals, Elsevier Health Sciences UK, 2013, page 248-249, 261, 652-653.